The Loan Closer is responsible for coordinating loan closings in compliance with company, and industry standard rules and regulations. This position will prepare legal documents and closing packages for title companies and attorneys. The Loan Closer works solely on FHA and VA Streamline transactions.
Essential Job Functions may include:
- Review Closing Disclosure
- Review Case Number Assignment, Title Commitments, Insurance Policies, PMI Certification and all loan documents for accuracy.
- Review all files for completeness and accuracy to ensure compliance with underwriting, government, and investor and company requirements.
- Maintain open lines of communication with all parties to obtain loan status information.
- Provide timely communications regarding closing status as appropriate.
- Ensure all loans are closed in strict accordance with all guidelines.
- Understand and adhere to all existing and/or changes to internal or external guidelines, processes and procedures as soon as they are implemented.
- Responsible for preparing and verifying final figures.
- Sending Closing documents.
- Requesting the wire timely,
- Coordinate closings with title companies.
Other Related Duties:
Performs other related duties as assigned.
This job has no supervisory responsibilities.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential function satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions of the job.
Education and/or Experience:
Minimum high school diploma or general education degree (GED) required. Minimum 3 year previous experience as a loan processor, funder or closer. In addition, working knowledge of RESPA 2010, HMDA and Appraisal Independence Requirements (AIR) required. Must be able to work independently or as part of a team in a high-paced environment. Working knowledge of MS Office skills required.
Excellent verbal and written communication skills required. Ability to read, analyze, and interpret general business periodicals, professional journals, technical procedures, or governmental regulations. Ability to write reports, business correspondence, and procedure manuals. Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from groups of managers, clients, customers, and the general public.
Ability to calculate figures and amounts such as discounts, interest, commissions, proportions, percentages, area, circumference, and volume. Ability to apply concepts of basic algebra and geometry.
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: $20.00 to $26.00 /hour
- relevant: 1 year (Preferred)
- Loan Closing: 1 year (Preferred)
- United States (Preferred)
- Health insurance
- Dental insurance
- Paid time off
- Flexible schedule