Job ID: 245021
Oldcastle BuildingEnvelope®, a CRH company, is the leading supplier of products specified to close the building envelope. They include: custom-engineered curtain wall and window wall, architectural windows, storefront systems, doors, skylights and architectural glass.
This position requires that material including glass and metal be moved from one position/location to another in an effort to expedite the product throughout the plant.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
On/off-loading of the product from, tables, rolling racks, delivery trucks, or wood crates for eight or more hours, daily. The "team concept" instituted for plant facility production workers requires each worker to perform different functions on a rotating basis. Therefore, all shop functions required by supervisors are considered essential functions for the job.
Regular and predictable attendance, safely perform tasks and adherence to all safety policies and procedures are essential functions of your job.
Skills, Knowledge, and Ability Requirements
To be considered for a general production laborer position, the following conditions must be met:
- Perform work as assigned by supervisor
- Read, understand, and communicate
- Complete paperwork
- Attach appropriate labels and tags to products and packages
- Ability to read and interpret basic mathematical measurements and effectively use a tape measure
- Notify lead person or supervisor of any mechanical or material issues
- Maintain a safe and clean work area
- All production workers are expected to be available to work in all areas of production
- Dolly, crane, pallet jack, glass cups, glass sheet pull tool, tape measure, pliers, glass cutter, and other various tools
- Hazards – Exposure to chemicals/fumes, pinch points, exposure to excessive noise, strain/sprain, laceration/puncture, particulate exposure, contusion, operation of foot controls, slipping, burns, shock, loss of limbs, elevated temperatures during summer months.
- Controls – Personal protective equipment, safety training, written procedures
- Safety Equipment – Safety glasses, steel toe shoes with metatarsal guards, cut resistant gloves with liners, cut resistant outerwear, hard hat, and hearing protection
- Work performed inside a production environment.
- Noise levels in the work environment can be moderate to high.
- The plant facility is subject to the same climate conditions of the region (heat, cold, humidity, etc.).
- Chemicals, dust, pollen, and other typical airborne particulate matter are present within the atmosphere of the production floor and may create some odors in the plant. The Company, in an effort to provide its employees with a safe and healthy working environment, limits exposure to chemicals through written procedures, engineering controls and PPE.
- While some chemicals may pose health risks if not properly used, employees are trained on the proper safety equipment and procedures for handling chemicals.
- While the chemical exposure and odors are under acceptable levels set by OSHA and the WCB, they nevertheless, can be smelled and are handled according to the company’s hazardous communication program.
- For the following physical activities, list amount of both measurements(how often and how much)
Lbs of Force Measured
Lbs of Force Measured
** Weight over 75 lbs. requires assistance (employee or mechanical)
The duties listed above are intended only as illustrations of the various types of work that may be performed. The omission of specific statements of duties does not exclude them from the position if the work is similar, related or a logical assignment to the position.
The job description does not constitute an employment contract between the employer and the employee and is subject to change by the employer as the needs of the employer and requirements of the job change.
What CRH Americas Offers You
- Highly competitive base pay
- Comprehensive medical, dental and disability benefits programs
- Group retirement savings program
- Health and wellness programs
- A culture that values opportunity for growth, development, and internal promotion
About CRH Americas
CRH Americas has a long and proud heritage as one of North America’s largest corporations. We are a proud reflection of the hundreds of family businesses, local and regional companies and mid to large sized enterprises that together form the CRH Americas family. CRH Americas operates with a decentralized, diversified structure, letting you work in a small company environment while having the career opportunities of a large enterprise.
Oldcastle BuildingEnvelope®, a CRH company, is a great place to grow! If you’re up for a rewarding challenge, we invite you to take the first step and apply today! Once you click apply now, you will be brought to our career site. Please complete your online profile which will be sent directly to the appropriate Hiring Manager. Our system allows you to view and track your status 24 hours a day. Thank you for your interest in the CRH Americas family!
CRH Americas is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer.
EOE/Vet/Disability-If you want to know more, please click on this link.
Oldcastle BuildingEnvelope is an E-Verify Employer.