Fueling People To Be Their Best
Accent Food Services is a leading food service operator headquartered in Austin, Texas. With 8 branches, we operate 175 routes across 9 states serving 12,000 customers. We pride ourselves on exceptional customer experiences, engaging our people, and operational excellence. Accent offers food and beverage products in the workplace, through breakrooms, cafeterias, vending machines, and Micro-Markets.
Our Café Team is currently hiring a Line/Prep Cook in our Bay City, TX café. This individual provides a valuable service to meeting our commitments to our customers by preparing healthy and high-quality meals. Our Line Cooks perform a variety of tasks in connection with preparing menu items by maintaining organized workstations and working quickly & efficiently in a positive team environment.
- Setting up, cleaning, and organizing workstations
- Preparing ingredients for the shift; washing vegetables, chopping, seasoning meat, etc.
- Cook orders according to menu specification in accordance with food health & safety standards
- Handling multiple food orders at one time
- Ensure that food comes out simultaneously, in high quality and in a timely fashion
- Performs inventory checks and completes food storage logs
- High School diploma or equivalent, preferred
- 1 year or more of related experience as a Line Cook, Restaurant Cook or Prep Cook
- Excellent understanding of various cooking methods, equipment, and procedures
- Familiar with industry’s best practices
- Physically able to stand and move during the length of shift; able to bend and kneel through shift; able to lift up to 25 pounds or more
In addition to salary, Accent offers a benefits package including health/dental/vision/life insurance, 401(k), short- and long-term disability, paid time off.
Accent Food Services is an equal employment employer and is committed to providing employment opportunities to minorities, females, veterans, and disabled individuals.