Mama’s innovative menu is born from the mind of Michelin Star Chef Gus Savvoy. Brought to life in Los Angeles by Executive Chef Brian Min and his team, Mama Shelter Los Angeles has revolutionized the Hollywood Dining scene since first opening up in 2015. Using only the finest locally sourced ingredients, as well as blending elements from Brian’s upbringing in Los Angeles’ very own Korea town. As a cook you’ll join one of the most innovative and exciting kitchen currently in Los Angeles.
The Cook is responsible for cooking amazing food while adhering to the health and safety standard’s in Mama’s kitchen.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Cooks amazing food.
- Engages in training to ensure Mama’s kitchen food and standards are executed properly.
- Maintains a clean, organized and prepared work station at all times.
- Work quickly and efficiently.
- Works cleanly to minimize mess, waste and dangerous working conditions.
- Communicates with Kitchen Management about any special needs, tasks or responsibilities (parties, events, special orders, etc.)
- Communicates with other Mama Family Members to ensure food and standards are being maintained and executed in a timely fashion.
- Completes all orders in a timely fashion per Mama Kitchen standards.
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
U.S. Equal Opportunity Employment Statement:
At Mama Shelter, we don’t just accept difference—we celebrate it, we support it, and we thrive on it for the benefit of our employees, the services we offer and our community. Mama Shelter is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity or Veteran status. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements.
What we are looking for
- 1-2 years of prior experience in a high volume kitchen.
- Willingness to work in a high pressure environment.
- Desire to be cross trained.
- Trustworthy, even-tempered.
- Strong Attention to DETAIL and PASSION for food.
- Solid work ethic.Physical Demands:
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by the Mama Family Member to successfully perform the essential functions of the job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Ability to move quickly while utilizing safe lifting and twisting practices
- Ability to lift up to 75 lbs
- Ability to stand for extended periods of time
- Ability to perform physical mechanics of cooking for extended periods of time
- Ability to communicate verbally and hear
- Ability to use close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and the ability to focus
- Ability to taste and smell
Curious To Learn More?
Hit the link below to see what Mama Shelter is all about:
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: $13.50 to $14.50 /hour
- cook: 1 year (Preferred)
- Line Cook: 2 years (Preferred)
- United States (Preferred)