In 1956, Sanford “Corky” Kurland partnered with Lenny Kaden to open a New York style deli and restaurant featuring great deli meats and the Eastern European and American dishes they had both grown up eating. The original Corky & Lenny’s opened in Cedar Center, a shopping center in South Euclid, Ohio and in Woodmere Village, Ohio in August of 1973. After years of brisk business at the original location, Corky and Lenny’s expanded and opened its current location (27091 Chagrin Blvd in Woodmere) in 1973. With help from new partner Alex Pearl, business continued to grow.
Corky & Lenny's has enjoyed a rich and successful history, none of which would be possible without loyal customers and a very devoted staff. Many of our employees have spent the majority of their careers at Corky & Lenny's, for some that is over 40 years!
From a Bagel to a Banquet, Corky & Lenny’s is Where People Meet to Eat.
Corky and Lenny's is hiring a knowledgeable & versatile Line Cook to join our team of talented kitchen staff.
As a Line Cook at Corky and Lenny's, you’ll be an essential member of our team. You’ll gain experience working on a variety of dishes and tasks within our kitchen. The ideal candidate must be experienced with both the broiler and the grill. They also must be able to handle a large menu and work well with others.
Your responsibilities will include:
- Following Chef’s guidelines for prep, presentation, and quality
- Ensuring that the kitchen is in order – this includes everything from food prep to cleaning
- Maintaining the lines food stock & cleanliness
- Various other kitchen tasks as assigned
This is a full time position. Nights, weekends and holidays may be required. Pay competitive and based on experience.
- Knowledgeable in general food preparation
- Quick learner
- Previous experience in a kitchen
- 5 years short order cooking experience preferred
- Must work clean, fast, efficiently and guard against waste