Job Title: Licensed Mental Health Counselor
Department: didgʷálič Wellness Center – Swinomish Development Authority
The didgʷálič Wellness Center is seeking a Licensed Mental Health Counselor to come join an integrated care clinic that combines primary care, behavioral health, and opiate treatment under one roof. The Mental Health Counselor will have expertise in counseling that includes providing assessment, individual counseling, and case management; will possess strong crisis intervention and will be able to provide comprehensive individual and group therapy.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities of the Mental Health Counselor:
- Works with multidisciplinary treatment team consisting of a Medical Director, Program Director, Treatment Services Coordinator (if applicable), Substance Use Disorder Professionals and Nurses to identify and meet the needs of the patient within the treatment planning process and to assist in their overall well-being.
- Conducts intake assessment interviews, writes intake assessments, and diagnoses utilizing mental health diagnostic manual DSM 5.
- Conducts individual, family, or group therapy sessions for co-occurring disorders based on ethical and medical necessity guidelines.
- Develops treatment plans for patients who are dually diagnosed at the clinics.
- Provides the appropriate documentation for service delivery including treatment goals, crisis plans, and progress notes in a timely manner.
- Develops and provides psycho-educational groups or ongoing therapy groups.
- Participates in clinical supervision at least once time per week with Mental Health Clinical Supervisor.
- Other duties as assigned by the Mental Health Clinical Supervisor.
Education and Experience:
- Master’s degree in a mental health discipline, LMHC, LMHCA, LMFT, LMFTA, LASW or LICSW. Appropriate professional registration/certification by Washington State required.
- Minimum of 1-2 years’ experience in mental health treatment. Preferably 1-2 years of experience in working with dually diagnosed patients.
- Possess a valid Washington State Driver’s license and meet eligibility requirements for tribal insurance.
- Education, Licensure and/or Certification needed per state requirements.
Required Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Knowledge of human behavior and performance; individual differences in ability, personality, and interests; learning and motivation psychological research methods; and the assessment and treatment of behavioral and affective disorders.
- Must possess excellent interpersonal and communication skills; and be able to multitask, prioritize, be dependable and reliable.
- Knowledge of principles, methods, and procedures for diagnosis, treatment, and rehabilitation of mental dysfunctions, to provide counseling and guidance.
- Ability to work in a cross-culture environment, understands the social and cultural context of the patients at the didgʷálič Wellness Center. Understands the role of trauma, historical, community, family, and personal experience in wellness and recovery.
- Understands and adheres to state (RCW, WAC) and federal confidentiality regulations (42 CFR part 2). Applicants must conduct self ethically and professionally at all times.
- Effective communication’ written, verbal, and interpersonal skills, including conflict resolution.
- Basic computer and software experience using MS Office products.
- Considerable knowledge of community resources throughout Skagit County.
- Strong communication, and counseling skills.
- Must pass extensive criminal background check and pre-employment drug screening.
Job Type: Full-time
- 401(k) matching
- Dental insurance
- Disability insurance
- Employee assistance program
- Health insurance
- Life insurance
- Paid time off
- Vision insurance
- Addiction Medicine
- Monday to Friday
- One location