Responsibilities include but not limited to:
- Editing and coding bills
- Process and upload pre-bills into various e-billing systems
- Knowledge of clients’ billing cycle requirements
- Strong ability to execute complex bills in a timely manner
- Accurately handle a high volume of bills per month
- Assist accounting with special projects as necessary
- Allocating payments
- Maintaining account receivables
- Post client charges
- File appeals
- Prepare monthly reports
- Knowledge billing programs such as: Legal Exchange, Legal Solutions, Quovant, Collaborati, etc.
- Independent and self-starter
- Attention to detail
- Strong communication skills, both verbal and written
- Team orientation and ability to multi-task in a fast-paced environment
- 401 (k) with matching
- Paid holidays and vacation time
- Casual environment
- At least 1 year billing experience REQUIRED.
NO RECRUITERS PLEASE.
About Macdonald & Cody, LLP
We founded Macdonald & Cody, LLP to provide effective, efficient and creative legal representation for our clients. The true strength and rareness of Macdonald & Cody, LLP is the firm’s founding partners, Scott Macdonald and Michael Cody. Together, Mr. Macdonald and Mr. Cody have over 40 collective years of litigation experience, a majority of which has been spent in the practice of insurance defense in California. We have an extensive breadth of knowledge and experience handling the following types of cases: • Automobile and homeowner bodily injury/property damage – first and third party claims; • Commercial general liability; • Construction defect; • Professional liability, including medical malpractice and errors and omissions; and • Employment practices liability – including wrongful termination, sexual harassment and discrimination Together, we have tried over 50 cases to verdict throughout our careers – the majority of which were jury trials. Mr. Macdonald is a member of ABOTA (American Board of Trial Advocates), which further recognizes his exceptional skills as a trial lawyer. While recognizing there are cases that need to go to trial, our reputation among the plaintiff’s bar and our proven track record of obtaining successful results at trial helps to facilitate settlement of cases prior to trial when appropriate. We specialize in taking over cases weeks or even days before trial commences, and we have significant experience taking over cases from counsel where little or no work-up has been done while still providing exceptional results whether through trial or settlement.