We are looking for 2 Part Time Motivated and Energetic Leasing Consultantswith Integrity for a permanent position in a Multi-Family Setting to join our Team.
Hired skilled individuals will work part time in exchange for free rent plus additional compensation. (work4rent)
- Interacts directly with prospective residents and current residents to achieve maximum occupancy.
- Acts as company representative by conveying the benefits of the community.
- Responsible for leasing process from introduction to occupancy of the resident.
- Maintains communication throughout the tenancy of the resident.
- Performs variety of duties associated with leasing and marketing of the community
- Performs variety of tasks in a calm and controlled manner.
- Talks persuasively to influence people in ways they can understand.
- Stimulates enthusiasm by providing information about apartments and community
to prospective resident and schedules visits to community.
- Determines needs and responds promptly to resident while being pleasant,
cheerful and tactful.
- Quickly closes new sales and leases apartments at acceptable determined percent
of total prospects.
- Acts hospitable when meeting or greeting and determines if community meets the
- Effectively explains lease and community policies to new and current residents.
- Supports overall marketing efforts and offers input and suggestions in regard to
promotions, advertisements, etc.
- Maintains accurate, in-depth knowledge of all aspects of community, particularly
in rent and pricing information, vacancies, apartment availability, lease
expirations, square footage, etc.
- Understands and complies with Fair Housing laws and standards.
- Monitors community advertisements and effectiveness of responses; maintains ad
book and demographics.
- Gathers information about markets, competition, etc. and prepares monthly
competitive survey reports to analyze the real estate market trends and conditions
in the area.
- Monitors all vacancies and future vacancies in order to react proactively to future
- Analyzes concerns associated with apartments which are slow to lease and offers
recommendations to Property Manager.
- Inspects all vacant apartments to ensure readiness for prospective residents.
- Completes follow-up thank you notes and call-backs with prospects after initial
- Maintains current resident files.
- Works with Property Manager to assure curb appeal and property appearance is
- Conducts follow-up activity with residents to establish positive resident relations.
- Maintains open communication with Property Manager and Maintenance
- Represents company in professional manner at all times.
- Performs variety of functions to ensure accurate and organized lease/resident file
- Accurately and efficiently prepares and assists with all leasing paperwork (i.e.,
applications, lease agreements and addenda, employment and credit checks, and
leasing move-in packets).
- Checks and double checks own work.
- Completes service requests and communicates to Maintenance Department.
- Collects security deposits, rent, and all other funds associated with resident
- Effectively communicates charges in units leased status to Maintenance
- Attends and participates in training seminars as requested.
- Becomes active in the local business community and develops rapport with
- Assists the Property Manager in implementing resident retention and renewal
- Makes recommendations to management regarding improvements for operation of
- Attends and assists in coordination and organization of resident relations and
activities, such as newsletters, parties, etc.
- Accompanies vendors or contractors to resident apartments as needed.
- Transports residents or prospective residents via motorized vehicle throughout
property grounds; may run errands as necessary.
- Performs other related duties as assigned or requested.
**Sundry duties as assigned
- Minimum Education: High School or GED Competencies
- Oral Communication – Speaks clearly and persuasively; Listens and gets clarification when necessary; Responds informatively to questions.
- Planning/Organizing – Prioritizes and plans work activities; Uses time efficiently; Plans for additional resources; Sets goals and objectives.
- Customer Service – Manages difficult or emotional customer situations; Responds promptly to customer needs; Solicits customer feedback to improve service; Meets commitments.
- Teamwork – Balances team and individual responsibilities; Gives and welcomes feedback; Able to build morale and group commitments to objectives.
- Quality – Demonstrates accuracy and thoroughness; Applies feedback to improve performance; Monitors own work to ensure quality.
- Safety and Security – Observes safety and security procedures; Reports potentially unsafe conditions; Uses equipment and materials properly.
- Basic arithmetic
- Word processing skills
- Communication written and oral
- Ability to calculate figures and amounts such as discounts, interest, commissions, proportions, and percentages.
- Ability to apply concepts such as fractions, percentages, ratios, and proportions to practical situations.
Due to the high volume of applications to filter, only applicants who submit a Resume with a Cover Letter explaining how you’re the best matched for this Opportunityalong with compensation expectations will be considered. Thanks!
Job Type: Part-time
Salary: $12.00 to $13.00 /hour
- Leasing: 2 years (Required)
- High school or equivalent (Required)
- Driver’s (Required)
- Fair Housing (Required)
- English (Required)
- Spanish (Preferred)