LEASING/ASSISTANT MANGER JOB DESCRIPTION
Company Description: The Stellar Family of Companies is a privately held real estate firm specializing in the multifamily industry. We operate a diversified family of companies focusing on Investment, Development, Construction and Management within the Multifamily Industry. We are a purpose driven organization characterized by passion and excellence.
Our Mission: The Stellar Family of Companies is committed to invest in property, while developing people, to serve others and make an impact that matters.
Our Core Values: Integrity, Attitude, Excellence and Growth
Position: Leasing Agent/Assistant Manger
Supervisor: Property Manager and Assistant Manager
Position Purpose: The assistant manager is charged with the responsibility of and expected to follow the guidelines of being a support position for the manager. The assistant manager will be expected to follow the manager’s instructions explicitly.
- The leasing agent is the property’s chief sales representative whose primary duty is to greet prospective residents courteously and professionally;
- To present the features and benefits of the property; and properly secure lease agreements from qualified prospects.
- The leasing agent is to be very service oriented and strive to make current residents feel welcome and comfortable at their community.
- The leasing agent is expected to maintain a professional attitude and appearance at all times. This attitude affects the prospective and current resident’s opinion of the property. Remembering that the primary responsibility of the leasing agent is sales!
- Every associate is expected to perform any reasonable task or request that is consistent with fulfilling company objectives.
- Whenever possible, it is recommended that all associates familiarize themselves with the duties and responsibilities of those positions directly above and below
- their own.
- The leasing agent is required to have reliable transportation. From time to time parts may need to be picked up or errands run that will require the use of associate’s vehicle. Mileage and/or gas will not be reimbursed.
- The leasing agent must be able to effectively operate office equipment including computer, FAX machine, copier, telephone system, key control system, etc.
Inter-Relationships: Able to interact professionally and respectfully with owners, corporate staff, venders, subcontractors and onsite staff.
- Warmly greet all incoming traffic.
- Show the model and available ready vacancies.
- Solicit and lease apartments to prospective residents.
- Qualify residents according to criteria set by company.
- Focus on income growth and expense reduction.
- Maintain a clean organized office (dust, vacuum, etc. when necessary).
- Answer incoming phone calls.
- Greet new residents and assist with the move-in procedure.
- Receive, record and assign maintenance requests.
- Be aware of maintenance problems which affect residents.
- Receive rent.
- Keep manager or assistant manager up to date on delinquent rent.
- Maintain traffic report.
- Respond to residents.
- Enforce community policies.
- Respond to after hour calls when necessary.
- Any other responsibilities that from time to time may be determined by the manager or assistant manager.
- Adhere to all company policies and standards.
- Stand, walk or sit alternatively depending on the task at hand.
- Frequently perform the following:
- Climb stairs
- Push or pull
- Pick up litter
- Show and walk property
- Lift and store supplies
- Constant need to read and complete forms.
- Constant need to communicate in person and by telephone.
- Must be able to apply principles of logical thinking to define problems, collect information and initiate the most efficient plan of action.
- Must be able to effectively share ideas, images and goals with others.
Job Type: Full-time
- Leasing: 1 year (Preferred)