Merck & Co., Inc. Kenilworth, N.J., U.S.A. known as Merck in the United States and Canada, is a global health care leader with a diversified portfolio of prescription medicines, vaccines and animal health products. The difference between potential and achievement lies in the spark that fuels innovation and inventiveness; this is the space where Merck has codified its legacy for over a century. Merck’s success is backed by ethical integrity, forward momentum, and an inspiring mission to achieve new milestones in global healthcare.
Merck Manufacturing Division, MMD, is a team of dedicated, energetic individuals who are committed to being the most trusted supplier of pharmaceuticals and health products worldwide. Our facilities, along with our external contractors, suppliers, and partners, comprise an interdependent global manufacturing network that’s committed to delivering a compliant, reliable supply to customers and patients on time, every time, across the globe.
- Coach, teach & partner with Integrated Process Team Leads and Centers of Excellence to develop and maintain a sustainable lean manufacturing environment driven by an engaged workforce. Develop plans and execute people performance improvement activities that directly contribute to the business
- Prioritize, align and integrate use of various tools & strategies to analyze and standardize process, material and information management in support of manufacturing value streams and effectively transfer required mindsets, behaviors and skills into the organization (Standard work, Visual Management, Coaching and feedback, Performance Adherence, Change Management, Statistical Rhythms and Patterns)
- Partner with the production teams on the shop floor to identify sources & eliminate issues and develop trust through standardized communication tools
- Develop area governance processes for the above tasks (metrics, portfolio, gemba )
- Incorporate continuous improvement skills through the framework of the Merck Production System, resulting in sustainability & realization of intended people and business benefit
- Conduct impact & needs assessments
- Stay abreast of new and changing technology, procedures, and management practices to maintain a highly skilled workforce.
Education Minimum Requirement:
- Bachelor or Science in a relevant field
Required Experience and Skills:
- A minimum of Eight years of experience in any combination of the following areas: Manufacturing/Production Operations or Planning, Lean, Six Sigma, Process Improvement and Coaching/Supervising employees.
- A minimum of Four years experience in a role as a leader or strong partner in Lean implementation.
- Good understanding of lean manufacturing tools and guiding & facilitating large teams with them in a manufacturing environment
- Solid business acumen, proven team-building skills, exceptionally good listening skills, results oriented
- Experience in coaching and teaching others to think, behave and apply methods and tools
- Experience enabling and leveraging diverse perspectives, talents, etc. to achieve business outcomes
- Excellent skills using IT applications to organize and analyze data (ex. MS-Excel, Minitab, MS-PowerPoint).
Preferred Experience and Skills:
- Prior experience working in a manufacturing environment that is regulated by a governmental agency
- Demonstrated experience practically applying methodology to accelerate & improve business results (lean, change management, inclusion, experiential learning, adult learning)
Your role at Merck is integral to helping the world meet new breakthroughs that affect generations to come, and we’re counting on your skills and inventiveness to help make meaningful contributions to global medical advancement. At Merck, we’re inventing for life.
If you need assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation due to a disability during the application or the recruiting process, please send a request to [email protected]
Search Firm Representatives Please Read Carefully:
Merck & Co., Inc. is not accepting unsolicited assistance from search firms for this employment opportunity. Please, no phone calls or emails. All resumes submitted by search firms to any employee at Merck via email, the Internet or in any form and/or method without a valid written search agreement in place for this position will be deemed the sole property of Merck. No fee will be paid in the event the candidate is hired by Merck as a result of the referral or through other means.
Visa sponsorship is not available for this position.