Kidz Korner Kidz Korner serves children who are fully potty trained between the ages of 2 and 6 years. The center is open Monday through Friday 7:30am to 5:30pm and operates 12 months a year.
We welcome every child into our classroom community where he or she can develop to their full potential. At Kidz Korner we focus on the development of the whole child.
and learn at their own pace. They develop decision making and problem solving strategies, self-expression through art, music, creative play and cognitive learning.
Kidz Korner , children learn how to share, negotiate, collaborate, and empathize, which helps build a strong foundation for life long problem solving and conflict resolution. Kindness and respect for everyone and everything is promoted in all aspects of our curriculum. We are big believers in the power of positivity and prefer to focus on children’s strengths in order to help foster high self-esteem. A sense of community is also very important to us, and we welcome family involvement in the hope of creating a collaborative environment where we can all learn from each other.
Who we looking for:
A candidate who are passionate about the intellectual and emotional development of children. We are currently in search of an equally passionate and enthusiastic Lead Teacher/Site Supervisor to join our team. This person will be responsible for maintaining a positive and developmentally appropriate early education environment for young children. The Lead Teacher/Site Supervisor will work closely with the ECE Consultant to ensure our program provides a well-balanced education in all domains–social emotional, language/literature, mathematics, science, visual/performing arts, health, physical development, and history.
Lead Teacher/Site Supervisor responsibilities:
- Create and maintain a developmentally appropriate programing and environment design
- Develop and implement weekly curriculum plans, including small group activities and provocations
- Communicate with parents daily to share their child’s latest achievements.
- Collaborate with the teaching team to develop a creative curriculum that is designed to instill in children a love of learning.
- Assess children’s needs and development to align with individualized goals for children
- Work closely with families to develop positive reciprocal relationships
- Provide guidance and coaching to co-teachers in all areas
- Ensure the health and safety of all children in our program by adhering to all Title 22 Regulations and NAEYC Best Practices.
Lead Teacher/Site Supervisor skills
1 year experience as a Lead Teacher or Assistant Director in a licensed center- based program
AA in Early Childhood Education, Child Development or related field ( BA Perfed)
Site Supervisor permit issued by CCTC
3 to 4 years’ experience in teaching preschool-age children and planning developmentally appropriate curriculum
Basic computer skills including MS Excel, MS Word and MS Outlook
Passionate about the development and well-being of children
Excellent verbal and written communication skills
Able to pass a criminal background check
CPR/First aid certification.
TB clearance and physical health screening upon hire
Ability to safely lift at least 30 lbs multiple times throughout the day, kneel/sit on the floor throughout the day, and safely reach a child that is 20-30 feet away within seconds, among other essential functions
Salary is based on education and experience.
Email resume submission with personal cover letter
Interview by invitation
Job Types: Full-time, Part-time
- Teaching: 2 years (Preferred)
- Excel: 2 years (Preferred)
- Outlook: 1 year (Required)
- Microsoft Word: 1 year (Preferred)
- Site Supervisor permit issued by CCTC (Preferred)
- First Aid Certification (Required)