We are currently seeking a motivated, career and customer oriented Lead Mainframe Services SME to join our team to begin an exciting and challenging career with Unisys Federal Systems.
Position Summary / Responsibilities:
- The successful candidate will provide technical ability in the architecture, deployment, and sustainment of the mainframe architecture and various applications supported on the infrastructure.
- This position requires demonstrated direct experience with IBM z/VM and z/OS hardware and software within the customer environment.
- Strong working knowledge of large, complex IT mainframe systems.
- Experience and technical capabilities in z/OS environments running Job Entry Subsystem 2 (JES2), System Display and Search Facility (SDSF), Time Sharing Option (TSO) TSO/Interactive System Productivity Facility (ISPF), Access Control Facility (ACF2), Customer Information Control System (CICS), and DB2 in a multiple CPU environment.
- Knowledge and experience with z/OS network monitoring software such as NETVIEW, Williams data Systems IMPLEX, Exigence, and FTP Alert.
- Systems programming experience in IBM z/VM.
- System administration experience in z/Linux operating systems such as RedHat and SuSe in IBM z/VM hypervisor.
- Knowledge working with current IBM mainframe hardware platforms, such as z9, z10, z196 and zBC12.
- Working knowledge of DISA STIG processes.
- Expert knowledge and experience with count-key DASD storage systems; specifically, EMC VMAX systems to include Business Continuance Volume (BCV), Timefinder, and Symmetrix Remote Data Facility (SRDF) functions.
- Thorough knowledge of TSO/ISPF, System Modification Program/Extended (SMP/E), IBM and IBM-related utility programs [i.e. IDCAMS, IEBCOPY, Fast Dump Restore (FDR), Data Facility Data Set Services (DFDSS), z/OS file structures, Integrated Catalog Facility (ICF) Catalogs, Virtual Storage Access Method (VSAM), and zFS file systems.
- Expert knowledge and experience with robotic tape libraries including SL-8500, SL- 3000, StorageTek (STK)/Sun/Oracle Virtual Storage Manager (VSM) and T10k tape drives.
- Experience with configuration and management of IBM’s Communication Server IP and its subcomponents (TN3270, FTP, SYSLOGD, Policy Agent, InfoPrint Server, SMTP, SNMP, OMPROUTE, etc.).
- Experience with configuration and management of communications server VTAM and its subcomponent features (Enterprise Extender and Advanced Peer to Peer Network (APPN)).
- Expert knowledge of mainframe open systems adapters in z/OS and z/VM environments.
- Experience in generation and maintenance of system engineering and technical architecture documentation.
- Experience in generating and maintaining requirements, testing and evaluating possible future technical architectures, analyzing and resolving complex system issues, leading and/or participating in architecture reviews, and providing technical guidance based upon expertise
- Prior experience as a project manager is desired.
- Prior experience directly supporting General Officers/SES/SNIS personnel is desired.
- Prior experience writing on deadline is desired
Education / Certification / Security Clearance Required:
- Bachelor’s degree and 8 years overall experience or equivalent
- Possession of an active DoD 8570.01-M/DoD 8140 Certification IAW established mandate prior to start of order (minimum IAT Level II Cyber certification required; CCNA Security, CySA+, GICSP, GSEC, Security+ CE, or SSCP)
- PMP certification is desired
- Must have active DoD issued Interim Top Secret Clearance or higher
Do you have what it takes to be mission critical?
Your skills and experience could be mission critical for our Unisys team supporting the Federal Government in their mission to protect and defend our nation, and transform the way government agencies manage information and improve responsiveness to their customers. As a member of our diverse team, you’ll gain valuable career-enhancing experience as we support the design, development, testing, implementation, training, and maintenance of our federal government’s critical systems.
Apply today to become mission critical and help our nation meet the growing need for IT security, improved infrastructure, big data, and advanced analytics.
Unisys is a global information technology company that solves complex IT challenges at the intersection of modern and mission critical. We work with many of the world’s largest companies and government organizations to secure and keep their mission-critical operations running at peak performance; streamline and transform their data centers; enhance support to their end users and constituents; and modernize their enterprise applications. We do this while protecting and building on their legacy IT investments. Our offerings include outsourcing and managed services, systems integration and consulting services, high-end server technology, cybersecurity and cloud management software, and maintenance and support services. Unisys has more than 23,000 employees serving clients around the world.
Unisys offers a very competitive benefits package including health insurance coverage from first day of employment, a 401k with an immediately vested company match, vacation and educational benefits. To learn more about Unisys visit us at www.Unisys.com.
Unisys is an Equal Opportunity Employer (EOE) – Minorities, Females, Disabled Persons, and Veterans.