Virtual Orientation Now Available!
Being a Lead DSP has its Advantages
- Ensure our individuals are active, engaged, and productive by overseeing their vocational program.
- Actively supervise, coach, and mentor Direct Support Professionals and Employment Training Specialists.
- Responsible for interviewing and hiring vocational staff, performance management, attendance management, payroll accuracy and training compliance of each team member.
- Ensure all shifts within the vocational program are adequately covered and done so in a way to allow the program to function as a profitable entity.
- Supervise the planning, implementation, and documentation of programs designed to meet the social, emotional, physical, and personal needs of our individuals.
- Plan community based activities for our individuals.
- Schedule and transport our individuals to community based activities and job placement.
Competitive Salary and Benefits
In addition to a competitive salary, Devereux Advanced Behavioral Health provides a comprehensive health and wellness program to eligible full-time employees, family members and domestic partners. Our health and wellness programs include medical (including medical care via phone, web, app), dental, prescription drug, preventative care, mental health services and an employee assistance / work-life balance program. In addition, we offer tuition assistance, generous time-off and a 403(b) retirement plan with matching benefit, along with voluntary/employee paid vision, supplemental life and accident coverage to full-time employees.
Keywords: Developmental Disabilities, Intellectual Disabilities, Autism, Program Manager, Direct Support, Community Based, Day Programs, Vocational Programs, Mental Health Technician, Residential Counselor, Direct Care, CNA, Certified Nursing Assistant, HHA, Home Health Aide, Personal Assistant, Home Health, Care Giver, Caregiver, DCP, Direct Care Professional, DSP, And Direct Support Professional
The schedule for this position is Monday-Friday 8am-4pm
The IDEAL candidate will …
- Be 21 years of age or older (required).
- 1 year of supervisory experience
- Have a High School Diploma or GED (required), with a Bachelor's Degree strongly preferred.
- Have a valid driver's license.
- Have a minimum of 2 years' experience working with individuals with intellectual, developmental, and/or behavioral health disabilities, with at least 1 of those years in a supervisory capacity within the DDD field.
- Be empathetic and have a team approach to care for our individuals.
- Have excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Be energetic, creative, and have a sense of humor.
- Be able to attend 10 days of in-house orientation on weekdays.
- Be able to lift up to 50+ pounds and perform Safe and Positive Approaches.
- Have a high level of comfort with hands on hygiene care (including diapering and showering)
- Fee for Service knowledge is a plus.
Interested in this role?
About Devereux Advanced Behavioral Health
Devereux Advanced Behavioral Health is one of the largest and most advanced behavioral healthcare organizations in the country. Informed by the latest advancements in science and medicine, we combine evidence-based interventions with compassionate family engagement to help change lives. We were founded in 1912 by special education pioneer, Helena Devereux. Today, Devereux is a national nonprofit partner for individuals, families, schools and communities, serving many of the most vulnerable members of our society in areas of autism, intellectual and developmental disabilities, specialty mental health, and child welfare.
Our Mission: Devereux Advanced Behavioral Health changes lives – by unlocking and nurturing human potential for people living with emotional, behavioral or cognitive differences.
We employ more than 7,500 staff and operate 15 centers in 13 states. We offer a comprehensive national network of clinical, therapeutic, educational, and employment programs and services that positively impact the lives of tens of thousands of children, adults and their families every year.
Our Culture, Our Expectations
Competitive Salary and Benefits
In addition to a competitive salary, Devereux provides a comprehensive health and welfare program to eligible full-time employees, family members and domestic partners. Eligible employees are eligible to start benefits after 30 days of employment. In addition, we offer;
- Medical (including telemedicine via phone, web, app), dental, prescription drug, preventative care, and mental health services.
- Student loan debt assistance, tuition reimbursement and continuing education assistance.
- Generous time-off, 403(b) retirement plan with matching benefit, and voluntary/employee paid supplemental life and accident coverage.
- Employee assistance / work-life balance program.
Visit benefits.devereux.org to see why we are a great place to work!
Devereux is a drug-free workplace, drug screening required. EOE