Are you looking to use analytics and machine learning to drive consumer and marketplace insights for a Fortune 200 CPG company? If you have 6+ years of IT experience, built data pipelines, engineered complex data sets and queried databases using Python, R, SQL of Scala, then we want to speak with you about the Lead Data Engineer role that we are looking to fill in Richmond, VA.
What you will be doing:
- Building data and analytic tools, machine learning models, or other analytic capabilities for business analysts and data scientists, particularly related to consumer and marketplace insights
- Performing data engineering, data profiling, and/or querying on large, complex data sets to meet functional and non-functional business requirements
- Communicating complex technical information to business customers and project teams in an effective and concise manner
- Participating as a hands-on technical resource or lead technical contractors in IT project development
- Performing design and code review on outsourced ETL (extract, transform, and load) activities
- Assessing technical infrastructure and processes, identifying risks and recommending solutions
- Coordinating with multi-functional resources to deliver end to end solutions
Your background and experience includes:
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Information Systems, Engineering or related discipline.
- 6 plus years of experience in IT
- Big data experience in a cloud-based architecture preferred, such as Azure Data Lake, Azure Data Factory, Databricks, PostgreSQL, Microsoft SQL
- Experience building data pipelines, engineering complex data sets, or querying databases using languages like Python, SQL, R, or Scala, we prefer that it is in a Spark environment.
- Experience with data visualization tools, such as Power BI or Tableau
- Familiarity with machine learning tools and techniques
- Experience in development using an agile methodology, preferably through Microsoft DevOps
- Strong project management and organizational skills
- Strong written and oral communication skills
Altria Group holds diversified positions across tobacco, alcohol, and cannabis. Our tobacco companies include some of the most enduring names in American business: Philip Morris USA, U.S. Smokeless Tobacco Company, John Middleton and Nat Sherman. And we have 35 percent ownership of JUUL Labs, Inc., the nation’s leading e-vapor company. We complement our total tobacco business with our ownership of Ste. Michelle Wine Estates and our significant equity investment in Anheuser-Busch InBev, the world’s largest brewer.
We recognize that our people are the reason we achieve our business goals. We believe in developing the leadership potential of our employees by providing them with opportunities for training, development, and advancement.
In addition to the opportunity to apply and develop your skills toward key business objectives, we offer an excellent compensation package including a competitive base salary, comprehensive health/vision/dental insurance, participation in our incentive compensation and deferred profit sharing programs, as well as a relocation assistance package.
Each Altria company is an equal opportunity employer. We consider qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, disability, gender identity, protected veteran status, or other protected class.