Job title: Lead Corporate Tax Specialist
Department / Division: Tax/Finance
Location: Ada, MI
What’s special about us:
A career at Amway is a career in opportunity. At Amway you can explore and grow, make a difference, and find success. Established in 1959, Amway is a multi-billion-dollar company, and the world’s No. 1 direct selling business, according to the Direct Selling News Global 100. Amway is a center of health, skincare and home product innovation and top-selling, global brands. We manufacture and distribute 450+ consumer products. More than 17,000 employees worldwide support millions of Amway Business Owners who sell Amway products.
What’s special about this team:
The Corporate Tax Department is responsible for tax compliance, tax accounting, and tax planning for Amway’s worldwide organization. As a Lead Corporate Tax Specialist, you are joining a team of talented professionals, and will report to the Tax Controller. This team comprised of CPAs and non-CPAs handle a wide variety of tax exposures, providing support for all non-US based tax work for the EMEA and Americas regions. If you are seeking a role that provides a broad platform to learn and grow in a global organization, this role can offer growth in a compelling complex global tax arena!
How you would contribute to the role:
The purpose of this position is to ensure GBS model is meeting expectations of market. This position will act as a liaison between the market and the Tax COEs located in the GBS ensuring the GBS model is meeting expectations of the market. This role will be conversant in direct, indirect, and general tax as well as transfer pricing and tax accounting. You will get the opportunity to partner closely with TAX COE’s, outside advisors, and the business to discover ways to maintain, monitor, and proactively reduce, where possible, all relevant direct and indirect income taxes throughout the globe. As this position reports to the Manager – Tax Controller, it will work closely with the direct tax COEs and outside provider to ensure an accurate US GAAP and STAT tax provision. It will do all this by establishing standardized processes to achieve “Best in Class” results.
What skills and background will be important to be successful:
- Bachelor’s Degree in business, Finance, or related field
- Minimum 10 years related experience and a CPA or equivalent certification
- US GAAP Tax Knowledge – Demonstrated knowledge & experience with tax analysis for country/region of responsibility
- Research & Analysis – Demonstrated ability to research, analyze and draw conclusions from tax-related laws, regulations and court cases.
- Analyze Data – Ability to read, interpret and draw accurate conclusions from financial and numerical material.
- Communicate Financial Information – Effectively communicating and presenting complex financial data (both verbally and written) to influence all levels and global audiences, helps others understand financial data and translate it into actionable business insights.
- Strategic & Critical Thinking – Ability to think strategically to understand the broader view and to formulate conclusions and recommendations using facts and data, financial and business analysis, deductive reasoning and sound judgment.
- Project Manager & Consulting – Ability to manage and make effective judgements to multiple concurrent objectives, projects, groups, or activities, making effective judgments as to prioritizing and time allocation. Can also provide technical or business guidance to clients, both internal and external
- Relationship Management – Ability to develop and maintain effective and productive relationships, including ability to influence, negotiate and manage conflicts effectively and constructively with clients, vendors and peers.
Visit our web site to apply: www.amway.jobs. For additional information, visit AmwayGlobal.com, or check us out at www.linkedIn.com/company/amway, www.facebook.com/AmwayTalent, and www.twitter.com/AmwayTalent. Interested in a virtual tour of our Ada campus? Simply click Explore Our Campus and click on the colored icons to scroll and navigate the views and information.