Job Summary: The Lead Case Manager is responsible for moving program participants into employment through matching jobs with skills and training, and advancing participants’ careers through additional training and coaching. The Lead primarily drives performance outcomes and is assigned to pilot and or targeted projects that specifically achieve project outcomes. The Lead provides support to Counselors with their day to day duties and helps participants with resumes, workshops, coordinating interviews, job search, and working with employers.
Essential Job Duties:
- Leadership role in piloting and operating projects that are focused on achieving performance outcomes
- Provides coaching to coordinator level staff on implementing successful strategies to achieve project outcomes
- Assist participants find jobs through match skills and experience with jobs and career opportunities
- Help participants with job retention and career advancement services
- Understand the connection between job opportunities that match participant’s skill and educational levels and work effectively and efficiently to drive employment targets and retention milestones
- Work with participants to provide information on how to access government-sponsored programs and receive related program services
- Interact with program participants on a regular, daily basis either in person or via mail
- Assist participants with acquiring services that facilitate program goals (e.g., job referrals, job matching, educational and/or vocational training, medical, child care, transportation, substance abuse/mental health, child support establishment, legal, and other related needs)
- Capture and report results and metrics needed for program goals
- Serve in a lead capacity as needed by coordinating and directing the work of lower level staff, mentoring and advising lower level staff, and handling complex or escalated issues
- Perform other duties as assigned
Education and Experience Requirements:
- High School Diploma or GED Required
- Bachelor’s degree from an accredited University or College in human services or related field preferred
- At least two years related (including staffing and/or recruiting) experience required
- Must be able to perform comfortably in a fast-paced, deadline-oriented work environment with continuous change, as a team member and independently.
- A passion, energy, and drive to help individuals find a career that can change the course of their lives
- Best practices in getting people hired through employer contacts, resume writing, skill development
- Experience in working with individuals with ex-offender status or participants with barriers to obtaining employment.
- Demonstrate initiative, independent judgment, discretion and decision making and effective motivational skills.
- Demonstrate intermediate level knowledge and experience with personal computer and related software applications to include MS Office, PowerPoint and the Internet.
- Excellent organizational, interpersonal, written, listening and verbal communication skills.
- Must be able to remain in a stationary position for an extended period of time
- Occasionally lifts, carries, or otherwise moves items weighing up to 25 pounds
- Work is constantly performed in an office environment
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: $20.67 – $21.00 per hour
- 8 hour shift
Typical start time:
Typical end time:
This Company Describes Its Culture as:
- Innovative — innovative and risk-taking
- Outcome-oriented — results-focused with strong performance culture
- Stable — traditional, stable, strong processes
This Job Is:
- A job for which military experienced candidates are encouraged to apply
- A “Fair Chance” job (you or the employer follow Fair Chance hiring practices when performing background checks)
- A job for which all ages, including older job seekers, are encouraged to apply
- Open to applicants who do not have a college diploma
- A job for which people with disabilities are encouraged to apply
- Only full-time employees eligible
- Remote interview process
- Personal protective equipment provided or required
- Social distancing guidelines in place
- Virtual meetings
- Sanitizing, disinfecting, or cleaning procedures in place