We are an extremely busy construction company looking to hire a self-motivated and dedicated Construction Lead Carpenter to join our team. This position of Lead Carpenter (Plus) is to directly supervise or manage from 1 to 4 crew members per job site. It also consist of management functions, such as materials ordered and delivered as needed, time sheets collected and turned in on time, creating a healthy working environment in which each job may be accomplished within a specific timeframe.
Duties and responsibilities:
- Assign specific duties to crew
- Directly supervise each crew member (individually and as a team)
- Daily enforce and encourage safety according to each job duty
- Receive and inventory all material on job site and handle all returns.
- Be able to handle difficult situations with or between crew members
- Provide support for all crew members by assisting daily job activities.
- Operate and care of construction equipment and machines
Qualification and requirements:
- High school diploma
- Must be drug
- Must have valid driver’s license
- No felonies.
- At least 7 years’ experience
- Capable of working within constrictive timelines
- Basic knowledge of construction material and industry tools
- Complete knowledge of residential construction
- Strong communication/ customer service skills
- Capable of working in high elevations greater than 8ft, within extended period of time
- Strong organizational and motivational skills
- Capable of reading blue prints
- Be able to lift 50lbs consecutively
- Must be able to work in all elements of weather
- 40 hour work week with potential overtime