Freberg Environmental is seeking a successful underwriting specialist for our Environmental Impairment Liability (site pollution) program. The candidate will underwrite environmental impairment liability, commercial general liability and excess liability products and be responsible for the profitability, retention and growth of assigned book of business.
Note: Employment-based non-immigration visa sponsorship and/or assistance is not offered for this specific job opportunity.
- Responsible for the profitability, growth and retention of assigned book of business that is consistent with overall business line objectives.
- Underwrites targeted new and renewal business by reviewing and analyzing applicant’s pollution risk characteristics, loss history, financials, and other pertinent information to determine acceptability of risk in accordance with company underwriting guidelines and authority.
- Maintains complete and documented underwriting files that meet the requirements of the company and carrier.
- Understands pricing components and rating methodology and prices risk based on thorough analysis and established criteria.
- Utilizes underwriting tools to determine accurate classifications, rates, and premium charges.
- Reviews and approves mid-term endorsement requests for book of business within assigned territory.
- Participates in marketing activities to cultivate both wholesale brokerage and retail relationships to develop account opportunities.
- Demonstrates advanced knowledge of underwriting concepts, practices and procedures.
- Bachelor’s degree and 5-10 years of commercial underwriting experience and/or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Prior environmentally related underwriting experience.
- Self-starter, capable of managing a large book of business with minimal supervision.
- Committed to client relationship management and service.
- Advanced knowledge of computer programs, including Word, Excel, and Outlook.
- Excellent communication capabilities oral and written.
- Effectively interacts with internal departments and brokers.
- Professional designation as Associate Underwriter (AU), Associate in Risk Management (ARM) or CPCU designation is a plus.
- P&C License (required within 6 months of hire)
- Will consider remote working environment for qualified candidate
EOE, including disability/vets