A Laundry Associate will support general resort operations by washing and processing laundry while maintaining resort quality standards. This position will promote Resort Standards and effectively provide services personally or refer requests to the appropriate department manager as needed to exceed guest expectations.
Essential Job Functions
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Processes laundry to include loading, operating and unloading washers and dryers: responsible for washing all soiled linens, towels, napkins and tablecloths; and folding and ironing. Understand operation of washing machines and dryers. Wash and dry all dirty linens, towels, rags, etc., as directed by management. Clean dryer filter daily and maintain all equipment as trained. Operate iron as per standard and ensure that it is shut off at the end of day. Maintain cleanliness of laundry facility and all equipment. Store linens in appropriate shelving. Treats reclaimed linens through spot removal and mending. Folds laundry and stocks shelves. Assists in carrying out monthly linen inventory. Assist in preparing and stocking of housekeeping carts. (55% time)
- Maintain positive customer and associate relationships: Respond appropriately to guest inquiries and concerns to ensure total guest satisfaction. Handle guest issues to resolution in effort to improve the guest experience and escalate any outstanding guest inquiry or concern to management that may require additional monitoring or follow-up. Make appropriate service recovery recommendations. Promote team work and quality service through daily communications and coordination with other departments. (15% time)
- Ensure compliance with: Internal Audit, Quality Assurance, Loss Prevention, Resort Operating Procedures, Guest Service Department Operating Procedure, and Standard Operating Procedures. (15% time)
- Build a “Count On Me” Culture: Continuously exhibit the company’s Count on Me philosophy; be responsive to the needs of our guests, associates and all we come into contact with on the job, be respectful in every way; deliver a great experience. (10% time)
- Performs other duties as needed (5% time)
Wyndham Destinations believes in putting the world on vacation. Our global presence in 110 countries at more than 220 vacation ownership resorts and 4,300+ affiliated exchange properties distinguishes Wyndham Destinations as the world’s largest vacation ownership and exchange company, with North America’s largest professionally managed rental business. Every year 3.5 million families entrust us with their vacation dreams. As the world’s largest vacation company, Wyndham Destinations provides access to unlimited possibilities to inspire your next vacation – or your next career. Each year our team of 25,000 associates delivers great vacations to millions of families as they make memories of a lifetime. Learn how you can join us on your career journey by visiting careers.wyndhamdestinations.com. Our world is your destination.
The Company makes every effort to ensure equal employment opportunities for all individuals and abides by EEO and nondiscrimination provisions of all applicable federal, state, and local laws and regulations. If you require a reasonable accommodation to complete an application please email your request to [email protected] and provide the job title and location to which you are applying.
Minimum Requirements and Qualifications
- High School diploma or equivalent
c) Knowledge and skills
- Detail oriented with organizational skills
- Familiarity with cleaning products and equipment
- Ability to read and comprehend routine instructions, short correspondence and memos
- Ability to give high priority to customer service
- Must maintain a professional appearance and a Can-Do, positive attitude towards all guests and staff
- Must be people oriented and able to work independently or with others as needed
d) Technical Skills
- General cleaning concepts
- Use of laundry equipment
e) Job experience
- Six months related housekeeping or laundry experience
Unless there is a legal requirement, experience will be accepted for the education requirement.