BASIC FUNCTION (the primary purpose of this position):
Facilitates high standards of commercial laundry production and linen supply for hospitality, food & beverage outlets and other businesses by performing the following duties:
- Promotes a clean, safe, healthy and friendly work environment for employees and guests; report and direct safety issues to the supervisor on duty or Safety Committee.
- Separates soiled linen while using the proper safety procedures.
- Weighs soiled linen to ensure correct amount of linen is loaded into the washers.
- Loads and unloads washers and dryers.
- Empties dryer lint traps as needed.
- Feeds linen into the flat iron or small piece folder.
- Stands and folds linen by hand.
- Prepares linen for delivery.
- Wraps table linen using industrial wrapping equipment.
- Wipes and sanitizes equipment, carts and surfaces; vacuums, sweeps and wet mops floors.
- Reads and understands safety data sheets (SDS) and safety policies.
- Other duties as assigned.
POSITION REQUIREMENTS (objective educational or technical training preferred; skills; and years of experience):
- High school graduate or equivalent preferred.
- Must pass and remain in compliance with Coquille Gaming Commission background check and drug free work place policies.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS/WORK ENVIRONMENT (the physical demands discribed here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this position. Reasonable accommodations will be considered to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential job functions):
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to walk. The employee frequently is required to stand for long periods of time, reach and pull with hands and arms and speak and/or listen. The employee is occasionally required to sit; use hands to finger, handle or feel; and stoop, kneel, crouch or crawl. The employee must regularly lift and/or move up to 10 pounds, frequently lift and/or move up to 25-50 pounds, and may occasionally push or pull loaded linen carts of up to 600 pounds for 10-20 feet on flat surfaces with or without assistance. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, color vision, peripheral vision and ability to adjust focus. Ability to manage stress appropriately, make decisions under pressure, manages anger, fear, hostility and violence of others appropriately. The employee is required to process linen and complete tasks within prescribed time limits.
Employee must be available to work various shifts, weekends, holidays and/or occasional overtime as business demands.