We are currently seeking a 1st Shift Laser Operator (Salvagnini) at our location in Fenton, MI on Copper Ave. Our 1st Shift hours are Monday – Friday, 5 p.m. to 3:30 a.m. with overtime on Saturdays and Sundays as needed.
The Laser Operator loads parts/metalin the machine, cycles machine and detects malfunctions in machine operations, such as worn or damaged cutting tools. The position runs production lots, communicates with co-workers regarding productions runs, and maintains a safe, organized and clean work environment.
- Set-up and operate shear / brake / roll forming machines
- Set up and operate automated laser cutting machine
- Set up and operate panel bending machine
- Fabricate custom parts as required
- Performs all assigned machine operations
- Detects and reports defective materials or questionable conditions to management or designee
- Maintains the work area and equipment in a clean, orderly condition and follows prescribed safety procedures
- Performs inspection of finished products, and documents results
- Assists in other work areas to perform manufacturing
- Record materials usage / parts produced on daily time log
- Quality check fabricated parts to meet specifications
- Loading / Unloading of trucks with a Hi-Lo
- High School diploma or GED
- Experience using Salvagnini Lasers is a plus.
- Experience in all aspects of assembly and processing of sheet metal
- Experience in manual labor, skilled trades, construction, or manufacturing positions
- Ability to multi-task various projects with high level of detail
- Experience using hand tools and measuring devices
- Ability to read blueprints and calculate takeoffs when required
- Mathematical conversions and measurements including, but not limited to, converting fractions to decimals
- Ability to effectively run multiple projects in an efficient manner
- Must be able to demonstrate ability to follow directions, produce quality work, and maintain safe and positive work environment
Miller Industries, LLC. provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.