Essential Functions and Responsibilities:
- Direct job site activities, to include but not limited to: coordinating work flow, hands on work, and operating a variety of machinery.
- Operate 210 JD Tractor, Mini Excavator and 310 backhoe safely and effectively for both efficient job production to include loading/unloading of job materials.
- Manage 5 to 15 crew members effectively and efficiently.
- Communicate work production goals (and other items) with crew members, supervisors (daily), and clients when appropriate.
- Train and promote the development of subordinate crew members in the best practices of installation and company standards.
- Monitor all tools, equipment and machinery needed for daily construction work.
- Track and record all job expenses and vendor receipts, including but not exclusively yard materials and hours worked.
- Maintain a clean and safe job site at all times.
- All equipment, trucks, tools, supplies to be kept organized and neatly stored in designated areas within storage yards.
- Keep all truck, crew tools and equipment clean, maintained and organized. Keep trucks free of debris and garbage on a daily basis.
- Take responsibility to ensure all tools are organized, clean and accounted for on daily basis.
· Reports all company vehicle and equipment accidents/damage/malfunctions to Field Superintendent immediately.
· Fills out daily paperwork, including time sheets for entire crew, timely and accurately.
- Attendance Requirements are 40 hours per week.
- Performs other duties as required.Supervisory Responsibility
This person will have supervisory duties including directing and overseeing work performed by their team, preparing required documentation, training, disciplinary and performance management.
· 2 years minimum commercial landscape construction experience.
· Must Have a valid driver’s license with clean DMVR
· Bilingual (English/Spanish) a plus.
· Must be able to read, write and speak English proficiently enough to comprehend and complete required driver or regulatory forms and reports, employment forms, read and interpret road signs, and speak to law enforcement officials when needed.
· Must be able to wear PPE as necessary.
· Must be able to enter and exit a vehicle numerous times a day.
· Must be able to withstand exposure to all kinds of weather while completing work assignments, i.e., rain, heat, sun, cold.
· Must be able to traverse various terrains.
· Must be able to write, read and comprehend written and verbal job instructions/information.
· Must be well organized with strong communication skills
· Must be able to maintain attention during dangerous tasks.
· Must be able to lift, move and maneuver up to 25 pounds on a frequent basis, and up to 75 pounds on an infrequent basis.
· Must have sufficient eyesight to judge distances and coordination to get and use the appropriate equipment and tools.
· Must be able to operate and service all required tools and equipment.
· Must be able to pass a pre-employment drug screen.
Individuals must be able to perform the essential functions of the position with or without a reasonable accommodation. Individuals with a disability who desire a reasonable accommodation.
An Equal Opportunity Employer, including disabled and vets.
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: $20.00 to $24.00 /hour
- relevant: 2 years (Preferred)
- Landscape Foreman: 2 years (Preferred)
- Health insurance
- Dental insurance
- Vision insurance
- Retirement plan
- Paid time off
Typical start time:
This Job Is:
- Open to applicants who do not have a high school diploma/GED