LOCATION: Whiteman AFB, Missouri, Youth Center
TITLE/GRADE: Laborer, NA-3502-03
CATEGORY: The position is a flexible position, which means you are not guaranteed hours or benefits but could work anywhere between 0 and 40 hours per week. Flex: Employee will be eligible for the use of the fitness center, golf course, bowling center, club, swimming pools and other activities.
WHO MAY APPLY:
( ) Internal Applicants, Military Spouse Preference, and Transition Hiring preference candidates Only
(X) All Source
DRUG TESTING POSITION: (X) Yes ( ) No
PAY: $10.66 per hour + depending on experience. Internal NAF applicants will have pay set according to applicable pay setting rules. For current appropriated fund (APF) employees, portability pay setting rules.
Minimum announcement period will be 5 calendar days.
Close date of the announcement is 1 Dec 2019; position may close sooner if a qualified applicant is selected.
Applicants are responsible for submitting complete applications. Applications not containing required documentation will not be considered. Please ensure you address the qualification requirements in your application that are addressed on the vacancy announcement.
You are responsible for uploading any documentation that supports your preference claim, experience, and/or educational background. We are not responsible for employment ineligibilities based on missing information or lack of documentation.
IMPORTANT: Positions have qualification requirements that MUST be verified. You MUST upload and attach a copy of the following:
- Current driving record (No older than 90 days from date of application) for applicants desiring to
be considered for positions at the Youth Center
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
Performs a variety of general laboring tasks involved with maintenance of the facilities and grounds at and around the Youth Center and Youth Programs baseball and soccer fields. Work involves the performance of tasks requiring prior experience and the use of very heavy physical effort, (assists in the maintenance and grooming of fields including, but not limited to mowing, dragging infields, marking boundaries, painting lines, weeding). Uses a variety of hand tools such as field painting/striping machines, rakes, hoes, hammers, pliers, and wrenches in performing simple repair work and/or in assisting others in more complex tasks. Operates walking-or riding-type power mowers (e.g., one or more cutting decks, mechanical controls and attachable implements) and/or simple riding-type mowers (e.g., a fixed or floating cutting deck(s) with limited adjustments) and string trimmers in trimming goals, infields, around trees, fence lines, banks and hillsides. Drags, rakes and maintains dirt & grass infields, sets bases and lines fields to prior to practices and games. Cleans equipment and removes debris from field areas and buildings. Loads, unloads, moves, and stacks bulky items from trucks and other conveyances using hand trucks or dollies. Maintains gasoline, oil and other equipment fluid levels daily. Reports equipment problems and failures to supervisors. Performs basic preventative maintenance on equipment as directed. Returns equipment to designated location to ensure safekeeping and keeps orderly storage and work spaces. Performs other related work as directed.
QUALIFICATIONS- BASIC AND SPECIALIZED REQUIREMENTS:
Experience which demonstrates the ability to operate, control and clean heavy powered equipment. MUST be able to follow oral and/or written instructions. MUST be physically able to frequently lift and carry heavy objects weighing more than 50 pounds. Work that does not require the skill and knowledge in operating heavy equipment continually involves extreme physical effort, such as constantly lifting or carrying very heavy loads. MUST be able to satisfactorily complete a pre-employment physical and have required immunizations. MUST be at least 18 years or older. MUST be able to satisfactorily complete installation, state and national criminal background checks. MUST possess maturity and good judgment and like working with children/youth and their parents. MUST possess a valid state drivers license; the ability to operate a motor vehicle in a safe manner. Individual must provide a copy of their current driving record. THIS IS A DRUG TESTING DESIGNATED POSITION. THE INCUMBENT IS SUBJECT TO RANDOM TESTING FOR DRUG USE.
- Relocation expenses will NOT be paid
- If you fail to include prior duties performed in either your profile section or resume, your application will be considered incomplete and you will not be considered for this position.
- Applicant’s claiming Military Spouse, Transitional or Veteran’s Hiring Preference must attach required documentsto be considered. Reference the Preferences Tab above for required documents.
- All Federal NAF employees are required by PL 104-134 to have salary payments made by electronic funds transfer/direct deposit.
- Internal NAF applicants pay may be set according to applicable pay setting rules.
- For current appropriated fund (APF) employees, portability pay setting rules apply (REF: AFMAN 34-310, NAF Personnel Program Management and Administration Procedures, para 22.214.171.124).
- Any individual who was required to register with Selective Service and who is not registered or knowingly and willfully did not register before the requirement terminated or became inapplicable, will not be appointed.