PATHOLOGY LABORATORY TECHNOLOGIST
- Perform accessioning, data entry and review in LIMS system.
- Receive and prepare patient specimens for testing.
- Set up regular PCR, and RT-PCR. Familiar with Quantstudio Flex systems
- Work with molecular infectious disease pathogens.
- Perform and maintain preventative maintenance, service, QC logs on equipment.
- Analyze data and transcribe it for reporting.
- Follow SOP, quality control and HIPPA procedures to perform job duties.
- Perform proficiency test and take corrective action when needed.
- Request and order supplies as needed.
- Participate in CAP inspection preparation.
- Bachelor’s Degree in molecular biology, microbiology, biochemistry, medical technology, or a related field.
- Meets requirements for CLIA high complexity testing personnel.
- Two years clinical laboratory experience, preferred.
- Experience with nucleotides preparation, RT-PCR, preferred.
- Data entry experience, preferred.
- Ability to lift up to 50 pounds, bend; reach, stoop, kneel, stand, and use fingers and hands to type, handle and feel.
- Strong attention to detail and precision.
- Ability to work in fast-paced environment while maintaining accuracy.
- Strong team skills.
- Demonstrates a commitment to task.
- Clinical Laboratory: 2 year (Preferred)
- Bachelor's degree in science.
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: From $50,000.00 per year
- 10 hour shift
- Bachelor's (Preferred)
- Clinical Laboratory Experience: 1 year (Preferred)
- Laboratory Experience: 1 year (Preferred)
- One location
This Company Describes Its Culture as:
- Detail-oriented — quality and precision-focused