The candidate will have routine testing that needs to be completed throughout the day (water testing and FDA-mandated testing), as well as other tasks to complete. Most of the work is independent, with the candidate managing their own time.
Note: This is position is expected to be one year in length
- Work hours: 7:00am to 3:30pm, Monday-Friday
- Training hours: 2nd shift, 3:00pm to 1:30am (4 days/week)
- Monitor product quality to ensure compliance to standards and specifications
- Set up and conduct chemical experiments, tests, and analyses using techniques such as chromatography, spectroscopy, physical and chemical separation techniques, and microscopy
- Perform wet chemistry testing, like titrations, pH, viscosity, specific gravity, HPLC, etc
- Conduct chemical and physical laboratory tests to assist scientists in making qualitative and quantitative analyses of solids, liquids, and gaseous materials
- Compile and interpret results of tests and analyses
- Provide technical support and assistance to chemists and engineers
- Prepare chemical solutions for products and processes following standardized formulas, or create experimental formulas
- Maintain, clean, and sterilize laboratory instruments and equipment
- Write technical reports or prepare graphs and charts to document experimental results
- Order and inventory materials to maintain supplies
- Bachelor’s degree in Chemistry, Biochemistry, or Microbiology required with 0-2 years experience
- or Associate’s degree in Chemistry or Sciences with 2+ years of experience required
- Ability to multitask, strong quality mindset, attention to detail
- Creativity, verbal and written communication skills, analytical and problem solving ability
- Team player and detail oriented
- Basic knowledge of the chemical composition, structure and properties of substances and of the chemical processes and transformations that they undergo
- Basic knowledge of the aspects of chemicals manufacturing and how the process affects the environment, and safety of workers and consumers
About SPS at Pace Analytical: Our Scientific Professional Services division partners with companies that have scientific needs both inside and outside of the laboratory. We hire quality candidates for our lab and regulatory teams so that our customers have an elite workforce supporting their company. Our Scientific Recruiters are passionate about finding a position that is the right fit for you.
We’re proud to offer careers that are both challenging and meaningful- as well as a comprehensive benefits package to all of our regular, full-time employees. If you work with us, you’ll be part of a dynamic team focused on delivering science better. OFCCP Statement: Pace Analytical is an Equal Opportunity Employer and will not discriminate against any applicant for employment on the basis of race, age, religion, sex, veterans, individuals with disabilities, sexual orientation, or gender identity.