The Kitchen Steward is required to maintain the kitchen and surrounding areas in a
clean and sanitary manner by following the cleaning schedules and adhering to the Health & Hygiene Regulations and Company policy and procedures.
Summary of Responsibilities:
Responsibilities and essential job functions include but are not limited to the following:
- Consistently offers professional, engaging and friendly service. Reports for duty punctually, in the correct uniform.
- Liaise with Supervisor or Kitchen Supervisor on duty for specific instructions/requests.
- Carry out duties as assigned, also refer to cleaning schedules and perform the necessary duties.
- Collect the appropriate cleaning materials and equipment from Supervisor.
- Check equipment daily to ensure they are in good working condition and promptly report any defects/malfunctions to the Supervisor.
- Assist in the set up and break down of service areas for all special functions (buffet, barbecue, etc).
- Cleans stoves, ovens, grills, refrigerators, and using cleaning solutions, brushes and wash cloths.
- Helps in washing utensils, such as pots, pans, and trays by hand using cleaning detergents. Washes dishware, glasses, and cutlery by hand or machine. Occasionally polishes utensils. Drains dries and stacks items after washing.
- Transports food supplies, such as meats, vegetables, fruits, and canned foods from storeroom or freezer, using trolley/basket to kitchen. Returns surplus food to storeroom or freezer.
- May assist with food preparation, such as blending soups, washing and peeling vegetables and shellfish.
- Assist in the set up and break down of service areas for all special functions (buffet, barbecue, etc.)
- May help set up equipment.
- Understand and practice the principles of environmental stewardship throughout Crabtree Brands.
- Recycle all vegetable and fruit peelings, and eggshells to make composting.
- Any other reasonable requests made by Management.
- Assist Food & Beverage management team with stock-take as requested.
- Assist in transporting of food, beverage and other items to and from the kitchen.
- Assist kitchen team in replenishing food items, crockery, cutlery, etc, on special functions/busy periods.
- Attend Department meetings as requested.
- Health Certificate
- Highly responsible & reliable
- Ability to work well under pressure in a fast-paced environment
- Ability to work cohesively as part of a team
- Ability to focus attention on company standards & policies, remaining calm and courteous at all times