Cook, Lead Dietary Cook
At Prisyco Manor LLC, a smoke-free environment, is an Assisted Living Home where we provide needed care with residents’ daily activity to ensure everyday accomplishments. We are currently seeking a Cook, Cook Dietary
to join our team.
As a Cook, you will be responsible to provide delicious meals for breakfast, lunch, and dinner along with snacks for the Manor. It is important that you are an organized person which is able to meet high standards of the Florida Department of Health in Escambia County and other State of Florida governing bodies. Develop and maintain the set time schedule for each of the meals to ensure a great regiment.
Breakfast: 7:30 AM Lunch: 1:00 PM Dinner: 5:30 PM
Some of the other responsibilities of the Cook’s position include but not limited to:
- Duties include food prep tasks, dish washing, cleaning of food preparation areas, and dining room set-up/clean-up.
- Required to clean the kitchen after and between meals.
- Prepare the food to be cooked for each meal, cutting, precooking, and marinating.
- Foods must be cooked to the correct doneness each time, the same portion size (established standard), and plates must have the identical contents and appearance, every time.
- Label and date all left-over foods in the refrigerator (adjust cooking pattern to drive/reduce left-over’s to zero).
- Knowledge of sanitation, cooking, and baking skills.
- Serve the dishes and prepare the table set up for each Resident.
- Obtain a food handler's permit
- Being able to follow approved menu, recipes to provide a nutritional meal and if; substitution needs to occur, then a Substitution slip needs to be placed alongside the menu with a supervisor sign-off of approval.
- Perform grocery shopping and submit receipts for audit upon arrival with grocery – all receipts submitted must have only facility manager (or appointed individual sign off audit. All returns must be done immediately and remitted the next day no exceptions.)
- Recommending grocery shopping once a week for menu coverage, to assist with monitoring of left over and its usage to eliminate waste
- Operating within guidelines of the county (64E-11.007 – Sanitary Facility Controls and 64E-11.008 Facilities and Operations, along with other mandatory county and state codes.
- Set Schedule time (See Above) for Breakfast, Lunch, Snack & Dinner and ensure its regiment
- Using/Utilizing phone apps to enhance Prisyco Manor Home savings is encourage – working with management to help with brainstorming for cost savings is encourage
- Maintain stock levels of supplies to ensure able to meet dietary. (Adhering to FIFO (First In First Out) – Food Rotation will also help to eliminate waste).
- Creating and maintaining a weekly/monthly menu and displaying it on the bulletin board for Resident’s review
- Engage the Resident in menu selection.
- Each month create a group treat for the birthday Residents (Cake, Cup Cakes, Candy Treats, etc.)
- Establish guidelines for Residents/Employee’s Team to use when dealing with food request/kitchen’s Rules (example: A use of a Form & a must submit time)
- Computer Savvy
- Have a Valid Driver License
Cook, Dietary Cook
As a Cook, you must be able to work in a team environment and deliver when times are intense, fast-paced, and when high-pressured is present, the ideal candidate will be able to work calmly, stay organized and be effective under pressure deliver superior quality in all that you do. We are seeking results-driven team players who treat residents as if they are their own family members. Qualified candidates must be passionate about providing a superior quality of care through their position. You must also be a resourceful problem solver who thrives in the environment.
Other requirements of the Dietary role include but not limited to:
- A high school diploma or equivalent
- Current CPR and First Aid Certificate (would like but not require)
- Knowledge of basic cooking techniques and procedures, sanitization practices, and preparation techniques
- Back ground in food services
- Physical fitness and emotional stability to carry out the job
Long-Term Assisted Living Facility
Prisyco Manor Home, Assisted Living
Position type: Full-time and Part-time Position
Shift: Some weekend shift required
The Cook responsibility begin and end with sanitation, food handling and hygiene. Cooks in any well-run kitchen are expected to show up for work showered, well-groomed and with clean uniforms to wear. They must handle their ingredients correctly, respecting food safety regulations about temperatures and cross-contamination. Cooks must practice proper hand-washing technique, and use gloves correctly in jurisdictions where they're mandatory. Also, must maintain their equipment in a suitable state of cleanliness. They must also understand the use of food-safe sanitizing sprays and other cleaning products in accordance with all applicable laws, regulations, and Prisyco Manor standards.
Education, Experience, and Licensure Requirements
· Must possess a high school diploma or equivalent
- Must possess or be able to secure a food handler's permit shortly after being hired
- Must have some experience in being a Cook, at least three to four years.
- Must be able to pass a background check with State of Florida
- Prefer a CPR certification but not required. CPR certification must remain current during employment.
- Have or shortly after being hired secure and must maintain all certification in which is required to be a Cook
Specific Job Requirements
- Must have patience, tact, cheerful disposition, and enthusiasm as well as willingness to handle difficult residents
- Must possess the ability to make independent decisions when circumstances warrant such action
- Must be knowledgeable of practices and procedures as well as the laws, regulations, and guidelines governing functions in the post-acute care facility
- Must have the ability to implement and interpret the programs, goals, objectives, policies, and procedures of Prisyco Manor
- Must perform proficiently in all competency areas including but not limited to: dietary, resident rights and safety and sanitation
- Must be accountable for all aspects of being a Cook, food inventory, food safe-keeping area, food temperature, food storage, freezer, refrigerator, deep freeze, and utensils, etc.
- Maintains professional working relationships with all associates, vendors, etc.
- Maintains confidentiality of all proprietary and/or confidential information
- Must understand and follow company policies including harassment and compliance procedures
- Displays integrity and professionalism by adhering to Prisyco Manor Code of Conduct and completes mandatory Code of Conduct and other appropriate compliance training
- Handle the ingredients correctly, respecting food safety regulations about temperatures and cross-contamination
- Have a Valid Driver License
Essential Functions (Requirements include but not limited to)
· Must be able to set up, sanitize, and maintain the kitchen and its areas of serving its
· Must be able to accurately follow recipes
· Must be able to respond to call lights/calls/request via resident’s promptly
· Must be computer literate
· Must maintain food stock levels and submit a weekly audit report of food
· Must exhibit excellent customer service and a positive attitude towards residents
· Must be able to assist in the evacuation of residents
· Must demonstrate dependable, punctual, and regular attendance
· Must be able to concentrate and use reasoning skills and good judgment
· Must be able to communicate and function productively on an interdisciplinary team
· Must be able to sit, stand, bend, lift, push, pull, stoop, walk, reach, and move
intermittently during working hours
- Must be able to follow a recipe to make breakfast, lunch, snack, or dinner meals in a timely manner to ensure consistently to establish on-time meals for Residents
- Must be able to submit to an unannounced drug test, when requested
- Must maintain positive work habits
- Must perform duties efficiently and productively
- Must utilize apps from phone or internet that drives dietary cost down while maintaining a quality product
- Must be able to accept constructive criticism
- Must practice safety precaution measures in all phases of food service operation
- Must exhibit knowledge of operating all equipment, work techniques and methods of performing duties
- Must serve on committees that promote The Manor and its Residents environment
- Must be willing to share best practice ideas for the betterment of the Manor and its Residents
- Must be able to maintain self control
· Must be able to read, write, speak, and understand the English language
· All position must maintain flexibility in order to change as needed in order to grow with Prisyco Manor and its other team members
Job Types: Full-time, Part-time
Pay: $10.00 – $12.00 per hour
- 8 hour shift
- Day shift
- Monday to Friday
- Night shift
To keep our team safe we require when mingling with the residents masks to be worn and upon arrival at work temperature to be taken.
- High school or equivalent (Preferred)
- Cooking: 1 year (Preferred)
- Restaurant Experience: 1 year (Preferred)
- One location
- Shorts, skirts not allowed
- Jewelry not allowed
- Facial piercings not allowed
This Job Is:
- A job for which military experienced candidates are encouraged to apply
- Open to applicants under 18 years old, provided it is legally allowed for the job and location
- Open to applicants who do not have a high school diploma/GED
- A “Fair Chance” job (you or the employer follow Fair Chance hiring practices when performing background checks)
- A good fit for applicants with gaps in their resume, or who have been out of the workforce for the past 6 months or more
- A job for which all ages, including older job seekers, are encouraged to apply
- Open to applicants who do not have a college diploma