The Key Holder is responsible for opening and/or closing the store and ensuring that proper store procedures and policies are followed when store management is not on duty or unavailable on the floor. The Key Holder will supervise all employees and oversee sales, merchandising, client service and all operational functions in the absence of store management. Reports to the General Manager.
- Supervise employees to complete tasks and achieve goals in the absence of store management.
- In the absence of store management, open and closes the store following proper procedures documented in the opening and closing checklist.
- In the absence of store management, ensure that registers are properly opened and closed, doors are opened and locked and alarms are set correctly.
- Execute Management cashier responsibilities such as returns and exchanges per the Return Policy.
- Remain current on all company policies and ensures that all policies, standards and procedures are maintained and followed in a consistent manner.
- Sell productively while meeting or exceeding the minimum sales per hour goal set as per company policy.
- Greet and acknowledge clients with a friendly and engaging attitude.
- Assess clients’ needs by listening to their cues and recommending products that fit their personal style.
- Educate clients on product knowledge (fit, styling, trends and fabrication).
- Uphold A|X Values of Respect, Teamwork, Professionalism, and Praise.
- Maintain a clean and organized sales floor that meets both visual and operational standards.
- Adhere to Loss Prevention guidelines and deter shoplifting by providing excellent customer service.
- Assist with stock related and housekeeping tasks.
- 2+ years of previous retail sales experience. Must have experience with operations, merchandising, sales, and stock activities. Key holder/Supervisor experience preferred.
- Excellent communication & interpersonal skills.
- Ability to understand budgets, sales, hourly goals, and allocations.
- Open availability and able to work a flexible schedule including holidays, nights and weekends.
- College degree preferred.
- Strength – Ability to comfortably lift a minimum of 35 pounds without assistance; up to a height of 4 feet and a distance of 10 feet. Frequent stooping required to pick up boxes at floor level.
- Movement – Majority of work is performed on foot. Ability to frequently stand, walk, reach up, and climb short ladders. Hand Dexterity required for at least one had to operate registers and complete paperwork.
- Auditory & Vision – Ability to constantly hear and see safety signals, read labels, registers, computers, etc.