The Animal House at Live Oak Kennel in Savannah is looking for part-time kennel technicians who want to work in a team-centric environment centered around pet care! If you are willing to contribute a positive attitude and good work ethic to our group, then this spot could be yours! All applicants must be able to provide their own transportation. Any interested applicants for this technician spot must be willing to work weekends and occasional holidays. At our facility, quality care and attention are an absolute must when dealing with clients and their pets. Applicants should either know or be willing to learn all aspects of daily animal care. We work both indoors and outdoors and applicants should be comfortable moving around and doing physical work, in addition to working with clients in person, on the phone or online through email, social media, etc.
All interested should meet the following criteria:
- Must be comfortable around animals regardless of size or breed, particularly dogs
- Should be able to lift 30 lbs. to chest level
- Must be punctual and willing to work hard to provide excellent care
- A strong sense of cleanliness and attention to detail
- A clear understanding of working within a team to accomplish daily objectives
- No specific education is required, but any relevant volunteer experience, prior work experience or specific certifications will be given priority
- Availability does not need to be open but does need to be consistent – applicants are required to be available weekends and some holidays
- Comfortable working with Windows-based computer booking and management software
Experience is not required but is appreciated. Hourly wage starts at $9/hour with no prior direct experience, but that wage can start higher with commensurate relevant experience.
We should stress that while this work is rewarding, we do not spend all day rolling on the floor, playing with puppies and kitties. As with all work it can be stressful, and balancing the responsibilities and needs of many different pets across different situations and owners is not easy. We are looking for people who want to make sure that people’s pets are kept comfortable, safe and happy to ensure owners’ piece of mind while on vacation. Adhering to a strict schedule across all kennel care disciplines including feeding, medicating, bathing, cleaning and exercising is the standard at our facility. If you are someone who likes animals and is looking to spend some hours every week performing a gratifying job, then we look forward to speaking with you soon!
Job Type: Part-time
Salary: $9.00 to $11.00 /hour
- kennel or veterinary: 2 years (Preferred)
Hours per week:
Overtime often available: