CityVet is a small animal practice in Addison and is seeking able-bodied, compassionate, and hard-working individuals to join us in caring for our patients in our boarding, grooming and clinic facility.
A kennel technician provides daily care, feeding and exercise of boarding/hospitalized pets. He or she also pays close attention to pets’ status such as signs of stress and changes in eating or elimination habits, promptly notifying technicians and veterinarians when a pet needs medical attention. A kennel technician must pay close attention to details, understand and follow proper feeding and sanitation procedures and monitor pets under their care.
Position may include the following duties, rotating and monitoring indoor/outdoor dog playgroups of various sizes, as well as feeding, administering medication, cleaning and bathing. Cleaning is a major part of this job. Play-groups can have up to 20 large dogs, therefore must be comfortable with dogs and understand dog behaviors.
- Dog handling skills
- Team-player with a positive attitude
- Able to lift 50 pounds and stand for extended periods of time
- Ability to work independently and complete tasks proficiently
- Ability to multi-task and be detail oriented
- Punctual and dependable with reliable transportation
- Interact with clients in a professional manner
- Must love dogs!
CityVet offers the following benefits package:
- Competitive pay
- Uniform allowance
- Health insurance
- Paid vacation time
- Discounts for personal pet medical care
Job Type: Full-time or Part-time
- If interested, please visit our website at www.cityvet.com/careers.