Plans, organizes and supervises the implementation of the Counselors in Training Program.
1. Develops and implements the weekly schedule for activities for the CIT Program.
2. Provides daily direction and leadership to CITs.
3. Evaluates youth involved in the program on a weekly basis and maintains records for each participant.
4. Identifies and resolves problems. Implements appropriate discipline techniques and procedures.
5. Pursues innovative and creative ways to implement program components.
6. Ensures effective communication with staff and parents of campers.
7. Develop and maintain positive, open communication between campers and camp staff.
8. Participates with campers when needed in the pool during swim lessons and free swim.
9. Maintains the work rules and regulations as stated by YMCA Buffalo Niagara and the NYS Health Department.
10. Performs administrative functions as assigned.
11. Establishes weekly CIT meetings for program planning and evaluation.
12. Attends staff meetings, training sessions, overnights, and field trips as scheduled.
13. Implements ongoing safety checks to assure a healthy and safe camp environment. Implements emergency procedures when necessary.
14. Completes additional duties as assigned.
1. Must have one or more years of experience as a Senior Counselor or other equivalent position.
2. Excellent leadership and communication skills.
3. Able to successfully plan and lead activities for children in a camp environment.
4. Must be at least 21 years of age.
The employee will work indoors and outdoors in a normal environment with some exposure to weather conditions. This is a fast paced, active childcare environment.
The physical demands that are described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of the job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of the job, the employee is regularly required to: bend, stoop, kneel, twist, sit, reach with hands, grasp, stand, sit, hear, speak, have finger dexterity, walk, run, lift up to 40 pounds, push, pull and have visual acuity. The employee must remain alert at all times.
New Employee Orientation, Child Abuse Prevention and Bloodborne Pathogen training before beginning work at the assigned location.
Successfully complete Association Camp Training and all branch camp training modules.