Job Description and Requirements:
The Mortgage Junior Underwriter position is an entry level position that will work under close and direct supervision while developing the necessary knowledge, skills and abilities to independently analyze portfolio/secondary market guidelines, loan policy, and other daily underwriting functions. During the required training, you will become familiar with underwriting’s operations, policies and procedures.
Essential Functions & Responsibilities:
- Assist With Desktop Underwriter Approve/Eligible Validation.
- Provide A Preliminary Review And Initial Underwrite Of Submitted Conventional Files
- Analyze Conditional Approval Submissions To Determine If The Underwriting Conditions Have Been Met.
- Experience Analyzing Loan To Value Ratios, Debt To Income Ratios, Credit Reports, Applications, Income And Asset Documentation, And Other Loan Documentation In File.
- Experience Calculating Borrower Income, And Complete Necessary Worksheets Along With Residual Income Calculator When Needed.
- Experience Reviewing And Evaluating Residential Appraisals.
- Gain Knowledge Of Cu Loan Policy, Documentation Requirements, And Utilize The Guides To Properly Clear The Conditions On All Loans.
- Maintain The Confidentiality Of The Information Reviewed.
- Maintain And Improve Personal Knowledge And Skills.
- Perform Duties In Compliance With Applicable Laws And Regulations, Including But Not Limited To The Bank Secrecy Act (BSA) And Related Anti-money Laundering Laws, And In Accordance With The Cu Information Security Program.
- Continue Professional Development Through Training, Seminars, And Mentorship As Applicable.
- All Other Duties As Assigned (Note: Essential Functions And Responsibilities May Change Or New Ones May Be Assigned At Any Time With Or Without Notice).
- High School Diploma Or GED
- 1-3 Years Of Mortgage Lending Experience
- Proficient Analytical Skills And Mortgage Lending Knowledge
- Understanding Of Fannie Mae And Freddie Mac Guidelines
- Experience With LendingPad