NuCrest is seeking a Junior Systems Analyst as part of our team providing business support services to assist the Secretary of VA (SecVA) Veteran Experience Office’ (VEO’s) Multi-Channel Technologies (MCT) Directorate’s Customer Information Services (CIS) Division with the enhancement of enterprise customer data management capabilities and customer facing solution management to include: enterprise data quality practices and business rules; enterprise data governance; enterprise data steward practices; and data architecture support; enterprise contact center and digital experience data management support (mapping/ETL/testing); Provide analytics, reporting, and insights from contact center and digital data sources (CRM, Telephony, KM, Chat, VA.gov, Vsignals)
The CIS delivers solutions in close collaboration with VEO Directorates, VA Central Office, VA Program Offices across administrations (VHA, VBA, NCA, BVA), the Office of Information Technology (OIT), the Chief Technology Officer (CTO), and Digital Services at VA (DSVA). CIS requires business support services to deliver VA’s single authoritative view of the Customer Profile, facilitate VA Customer-Facing interactions, and enhance Employee-Facing systems. These business services support VA’s mission to improve Customer Service, build trust with our customers, and empower employees when serving customers.
The Junior Systems Analyst will perform data collection, modeling, analysis, documentation and product generation. Serves as a technology liaison to business groups to analyze business requirements as well as implement solutions related to business processes and data integration between third party vendor systems.
- Organize and translate data into information for studies, reports, and documentation.
- Conduct analyses, including defining parameters of requested data output and analysis.
- Collect, compile and assemble data for financial and analytical reports.
- Provide research support.
- Assist in preparation of reports, briefings, and documentation of deliverables.
- Works within a group of technical and business users in a high performance, dynamic / team-oriented environment to meet project milestones and objectives.
- Participates in business analysis / requirements gathering sessions with business partners and contributes to project planning.
Required Skill and Experience:
- A minimum of 4+ years of specialized experience which has equipped the applicant with the particular knowledge, skills, and abilities to successfully perform the duties of the position
- Proficiency in all Microsoft Office applications including MS Outlook, Word, Excel and PowerPoint, MS Project and SharePoint a plus.
- Ability to identify strategic needs, proactive in nature.
- Strong analytical and interpersonal skills
- Excellent oral, writing and editing skills in English
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Excellent organizational and time management skills
- Independent problem-solver and learner
- BS/BA degree in a related field
- Tier 1 / National Agency Check with Inquiries (NACI) background investigation check will be conducted before on-boarding.
Work Core Hours:
- Monday through Friday 6:00 am – 6:00 pm. The core hours of performance are from 9:00 am – 3:00 pm.
- Travel is anticipated under this effort, both locally and outside the local area. The total number of trips in support of the program related meetings for this effort is 16 trips per year to VA facilities in Austin, TX, Atlanta, GA, Tampa, FL, Washington, DC or other VA facilities in the Continental United States.
NuCrest, LLC iis a minority-owned Service-Disabled Veteran-Owned Small Business (SDVOSB)/Small-Disadvantaged Business (SDB) based in Anne Arundel County, Maryland focuses on delivering a diverse portfolio of security-focus IT Enterprise Services and Solutions to support the critical missions of Federal and Civic clients. We deliver our services across multiple enterprise platforms, data networks, and cloud environments.
At NuCrest we support our Veterans and encourage all to apply!
NuCrest provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws.
This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.