Junior Project Manager/ Estimator
Top Shelf Construction
Top Shelf Construction was founded in 2002 with the stated intent of providing the highest level of customer service throughout the entire construction process. We are passionate about designing and building unique spaces that don’t just look good but maximize function for the end user. Our team is dedicated to approaching each project individually and ensuring the best experience for our customers with transparency and integrity at the core.
The ideal candidate is a manager that can oversee multiple projects from all aspects, design, estimating, billing, execution.
We are looking for a Junior Project Manager/ Estimator to join our team! You will oversee project planning, scheduling, budgeting, and implementation as well as developing cost estimates, development of construction schedules and presenting the results in a work breakdown format suitable for use by the Client, Project Manager, and project team.
Responsibilities for our Jr. Project Managers are:
- Work with office staff and field crews
- Oversee all aspects of construction project from planning to implementation
- Allocate resources for assigned projects
- Prepare cost estimates based on subcontractor bids and supplier estimates, as well as unit pricing.
- Build pool of new subcontractors as well as develop relationships with existing subcontractors
- Prepare preliminary construction schedules to be used for estimating and initial client presentations.
- Supervise onsite personnel and subcontractors
- Interface with project inspectors, contractors, architects, engineers, city and county officials, and clients
- Negotiate with contractors to receive reasonable order costs
- Maintain high standards of workmanship that adhere to original plans and specifications
- Complete all paperwork and administration for jobs and other office work.
Qualifications for our Jr. Construction Project Managers are:
- Competence, high aptitude required
- Good attitude and excellent communication skills
- 2-5 years of experience in the residential construction industry in project management and supervision, as well as estimating.
- Cost estimating experience is required experience with Clear Estimates a plus
- The candidate must also have experience with construction project management software experience with Buildertrend and/ or Bluebeam a plus
- This candidate must be able to demonstrate leadership abilities and posses above average written and oral communication skills, including strong negotiation skills
- The ability to work well in a team environment is also essential for this position.
- Deadline and detail-oriented