Valiant Solutions is seeking a Junior Infrastructure Engineer to join our growing team supporting a large Government client in Washington DC. Valiant Solutions is a rapidly growing Cybersecurity company that cares about its employees-we’ve been named one of the Best Places to Work in the DC area FIVE years in a row!
- Implement and provide Operations & Maintenance (O&M) for the infrastructure network which includes multiple Active Directory domains, cloud-based email, antivirus, BigFix, enterprise security tools, Windows 10 and mobile devices.
- Serve as a Tier 3 engineer to the helpdesk (Tier 1 and 2). Interacts with third-party technology vendors to resolve issues. Conducts systems analysis and to keep systems current with changing technologies. Duties include installing new software, troubleshooting, end user desk side support, patch deployment, imaging, Operating System (OS) upgrades and training users.
- Provide support with the installation, administration and update of Microsoft Windows Server 2016;
- Support and maintain Active Directory including configuring and administration of GPO (Group Policy Objects);
- Assist senior-level system engineers in the review of existing system designs and capabilities to make refinements, reduce operating overhead, enhance and improve server performance;
- Resolve operational problems related to server and user infrastructure using identification, isolation, and troubleshooting techniques;
- Install, support, configure and troubleshoot Windows 10 laptops with Microsoft Office;
- Manage enterprise email, virus protection, and security updates;
- Create user accounts, permissions and passwords in Active Directory, Google, and other systems;
- Monitor systems; and respond to application alerts, within core business hours as well as after-hour support;
- Monitor systems for security events, assist more experienced Security and System engineers in the swift resolution of any security incident;
- Analyze and resolve server and laptop faults, ranging from a major system crash to a forgotten password;
- Provide training and technical support for users with varying levels of IT knowledge and competence
- Hands-on technical experience with Microsoft Windows Server 2016 and Active Directory in a virtualized environment;
- Hands-on knowledge for implementing security baselines for Microsoft systems and other vendors;
- A minimum of three years overall IT experience (4-5 years’ preferred)
- A minimum of three years installing, configuring laptops, and Windows servers required. (4-5 years’ experience preferred)
- BA or BS degree in Science, Technology, Engineering, or Mathematics is strongly preferred.
- All candidates must have US work authorization with the ability to pass Federal background and credit checks.
- BigFix, Antivirus experience
- Network experience
- Working knowledge of the Linux Operating system
- PowerShell scripting
About Valiant Solutions:
Valiant Solutions is a security-focused IT solutions provider with both public and private sector clients nationwide. Named one of the fastest growing privately held companies by Inc. 5000, Washington Technology’s Fast 50, and Washington Business Journal’s Best Places to Work in the D.C. area, Valiant Solutions prides itself on providing its employees with great benefits and career development opportunities. As a company, we are just as committed to growing careers as we are to building world-class IT solutions, all while enjoying an unparalleled work-life balance. We are in a phase of tremendous growth and building the team that will take us to the next level. We seek people whose talents and accomplishments will contribute to a thriving company, who have the character to support their capacity, and can make a positive impact on our culture. Alongside our talented team, you’ll learn to think quickly on your feet and expand your own personal and professional skillset. Our management team will inspire you to consider new perspectives and challenge you to become a better practitioner in the fast-paced industry of IT security. We hire people we respect – and we trust them to deliver results leveraging their expertise. If you would enjoy working in a dynamic environment as part of a stellar team of professionals, then we invite you to apply online today.
Benefits Snapshot (includes, but not limited to):
Valiant pays 99% of the Medical, Dental, and Vision Coverage for FTE
Valiant contributes 25% towards Health Coverage for Family and Dependents
100% Paid Short Term Disability and Life Insurance Policy for FTE
100% Paid Certifications
401K Matching up to 4%
Paid Time On – 40 hours to pursue innovation
Valiant University – Online Education and Training Portal
Reimbursement for Public Transit and Parking
FSA programs for: Medical Costs, Dependent Care, Transit, and Parking
Equal Opportunity Employer:
Valiant Solutions is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, ethnicity, color, national origin, sex/gender, pregnancy, religion, age, marital status, sexual orientation, military/veteran status, disability, genetic information/history or any other personal characteristic protected by law.
Must be able to remain in a stationary position 50% of the time and also be able to occasionally move about inside the office to access file cabinets, office machinery, etc.
Must be able to constantly operate a computer and other office productivity machinery, such as a copy machine, and computer printer.
Must be able to communicate, detect, converse with, discern, convey, express one self, and exchange information visually and verbally.
Must be able to occasionally bend and lift files and papers up to 10 pounds throughout the office space for events and meetings.
Individual’s primary workstation is located in an office area
The noise level in this environment is low to moderate
Authorization to Share Resume and Personal Information:
By submitting your resume for this position, you authorize Valiant Solutions to share your resume, as well as personal information included on the resume, with its subsidiaries, affiliates and teaming partners for the purpose of considering you for this position and other available positions requiring comparable skills, education and experience. Should Valiant Solutions or its affiliates and teaming partners wish to initiate pre-employment discussions, you will be asked to complete an employment application and related employment documents.