Cybermedia Technologies (CTEC) www.ctec-corp.com is a CMMI Level III company that has provided technology and management solutions to commercial and government clients across the USA for 20 years. We are currently looking for an Employment Navigator to join our team.
Title: Employment Navigator
Job Function: Administrative
Company: Cybermedia Technologies Inc. (CTEC)
FLSA Classification: (Exempt, non-SCA)
Employment Type: Full-time
Job Location: MCAS Miramar, CA
JOIN OUR TEAM to assist and prepare ~200,000 servicemembers who separate annually from the United States Military begin a new life chapter as a civilian. The Department of Labor (DOL) Veterans’ Employment and Training Service (VETS) program requires contractor services to support these transitioning Servicemembers through its highly successful Transition Assistance Program (TAP) that is offered world-wide to conduct job assistance workshops, employment counseling, apprenticeship program placements and employer outreach. The Junior Employment Navigator position is located at Miramar, CA.
The DOL VETS TAP program needs skilled and compassionate Employment Navigators who can assist military personnel in their transition to civilian occupations and provide individual counseling on the job search process. Employment Navigators are expected to assess the transitioning Servicemember and/or transitioning spouse’s acquired skills via tools/software provided and assist with career exploration and translating their military experience desired by future employers. The Employment Navigator reports to the Lead Employment Navigator and Regional Site Manager.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Possess excellent time management skills, work independently, and, if necessary, remotely.
- Assist with refinement of career action plans.
- Provide job search guidance and career advice.
- Provide labor market information, identify companies and industries in specific areas, capture skills and experience required in certain areas, and offer advice on how to apply for jobs.
- Be knowledgeable of the current labor market information.
- Provide resume and cover letter advice.
- Connect transitioning Servicemembers and/or spouses to DOL government and non-government partners as well as American Job Centers/State Workforce Agencies.
- Assist individual with Career Readiness Standard’s (CRS) verification and serve as the DOL initial point of contact for warm handovers
- Possess an associate degree or four (4) years of experience working as a Workforce Solutions, Workforce Development, Career Counselor, Human Resources (HR) Specialist and/or experience in employment counseling, vocational counseling, guidance, placement counseling, rehabilitation counseling or educational counseling.
- A bachelor’s degree is preferred
- Possess Knowledge of the civilian workplace, translating military skills/language, assessing job market, and researching/interpreting job requirements.
- Proficient in the Microsoft Suite of Applications and virtual meeting platforms
- Able to work well with the Military clients and must be able to communicate orally and in writing.
- Pass an FBI fingerprint check
- Pass a drug screening test
- Able to work well with the Military clients and must be able to communicate both orally and in writing.
- Proficient in reading, writing, and understanding the English language.
- Some travel may be required
- Not required to perform services on designated holidays per the contract unless directed by the contracting officer or in support of National Guard and Reserve Transitioning Service Members and family members.
Environmental and Physical Requirements:
- Occasionally may be required to meet clients at a location identified by the Government. No heavy lifting requirements are associated with this position.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by the individual(s) assigned to this position. They are not intended to be an exhaustive list of all duties, responsibilities, and skills required. Cybermedia Technologies management reserves the right to modify, add, or remove duties and to assign other duties as necessary. In addition, where applicable and available, reasonable accommodation(s) may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform essential functions of this position. Cybermedia Technologies share a passion for delivering ethical service, innovation, and a commitment to results. Cybermedia Technologies is an equal opportunity employer committed to diversifying its workforce (Race/ Color/ Sex/ Sexual Orientation/ Gender Identity/ Religion/ National Origin/ Disability/ Vets).
Please note: Candidate(s) may be required to go through pre-employment screening.
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: $20.90 per hour
- 401(k) matching
- Dental insurance
- Disability insurance
- Flexible schedule
- Flexible spending account
- Health insurance
- Health savings account
- Life insurance
- Paid time off
- Vision insurance
- Monday to Friday
- Associate (Preferred)
- Career Counselor: 4 years (Preferred)
Willingness To Travel:
- 25% (Preferred)
- Remote interview process