Summer Internship Program – Junior Art Director
The Opportunity: Junior Art Director internship with an agency in the Omnicom Health Group network. We are looking for interns that are open to exploring new ideas & opportunities, making bold leaps that will push boundaries, and are generous with their ideas, time, and passion. In addition to tackling real client work, interns will have the opportunity to work on cross-agency projects with fellow interns, go on a fieldtrip or two, eat lots of great food, and attend breakfast & learn programming hosted by OHG leaders.
The Junior Art Director will provide professional graphic design support in an imaginative, clearly communicative, and persuasive manner. Under the general guidance and supervision of a Creative Supervisor, Art Director, or Assistant Art Director, the Junior Art Director will help establish identity standards, develop original art, produce layouts, and assist those individuals in the performance of their duties.
Why it’s a great opportunity: You’ll be tackling real opportunities PLUS you’ll share your summer experience with interns from across the OHG network.
What you’ll be joining: We are the world’s largest, fully integrated, global healthcare communications company, and proud member of the Omnicom Group. We are more than a dozen communications companies specializing in every area of health, medicine and wellness. We work with life-science companies to build world-class brands across every phase of the product lifecycle. This includes scientific strategy and market-shaping; prelaunch and launch communications; and brand optimization, even after loss of exclusivity. We help brands reach their highest potential in every healthcare market in the world.
What does it mean to be a Junior Art Director:
While working closely with Editorial, Copy, and Account, you will:
- Learn more about how the team dynamic works and how to manager your time based around other people
- Have a better understanding of how your role as Junior Art Director helps bring everything together
Daily responsibilities start with:
- Assisting the Creative Supervisor to develop graphics and layouts for client advertising, new business proposals, and presentations
- Contributing visual ideas to enhance effectiveness of the creative execution
The team also relies on you to:
- Make sure you are creating something that is functional, instructional, and easy to understand while also making what is usually a lot of information fit and be visually pleasing on one page
- Manage workload and timeline
This role helps you advance by:
- Allowing you to explore and work through a wide range of projects from presentation decks and flyers to coming up with new ideas for advertisement campaigns
- Giving you the responsibility of owning projects from beginning to end
- Becoming a more diligent and meticulous empoyee all around
This is a full-time, paid internship (40 hours/week). The full internship program period will be from June 3, 2019 – August 2, 2019.
College students in their junior or senior year are encouraged to apply. Your agency assignment will be determined by the Intern Placement Committee.
- Boston, Massachusetts
- Chicago, Illinois
- Conshohocken, Pennsylvania
- Irvine, California
- Jersey City, New Jersey
- Manhattan, New York
- New Hope, Pennsylvania
- Princeton, New Jersey
- San Francisco, California
Apply today for immediate consideration!
Questions? Please e-mail [email protected]
Application Deadline: March 1, 2019.