Example of Duties:
- This position has three (3) career levels where additional skills and responsibilities may be required.
- Assist court patrons and self represented litigants in person or over the phone.
- Process case filings electronic and non-electronic.
- Payment receipting.
- Phone and email correspondence with public and attorneys.
- Schedule and attend hearings and/or trials, administer oaths, manage digital recording, and exhibits.
- Prepare/distribute minute entries and orders.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
Typical Qualifications: (includes knowledge, skills, and abilities required upon entry into position and trainable after entry into position)
- Bachelors degree and two (2) years of experience in a professional environment; or a Paralegal certificate or Associates degree and four (4) years of related experience..
- Effective communication and customer service skills with a demonstrated ability to professionally interact with colleagues and court patrons.
- Proficiency in a technologically driven environment with intermediate to advanced computer skills.
- Knowledge of court procedures, rules, and processes.
- Ability to manage time effectively and transition between multiple tasks.
- An attention to detail and strong organizational skills to manage competing priorities.
- Basic cashiering and math skills.
- Ability to analyze information, solve problems, and make effective and informed decisions.
- Ability to function both independently and within teams.
- Ability to work under pressure.
- Based on the needs of 2nd District Juvenile Court, this position may be assigned to any location within 2nd District Juvenile Court – which consists of Davis, Morgan and Weber counties.
- This position may be under filled depending upon the availability of fully qualified applicants. If the position is under filled compensation will be commensurate with qualifications
- Applications from this recruitment may be used for the next 90 days if future Judicial Assistant positions become available in Second District Juvenile Court
- Some travel is required throughout the district and court sites for meetings and training