Join our team and experience all that Robert A. Bothman Construction has to offer!
It's fun to work at a company where people take pride and truly believe in what they're doing. At Bothman, we're
committed to bringing passion and superior customer focus to all of our innovative construction projects. Although we
work hard, and we're serious about what we do – we care deeply about our employees and like to have a good time too.
In fact, our core principal is Quality People and Quality Projects TM . Here’s a glimpse of some of the coolest projects
we’ve worked on: Avaya Stadium (Home to the San Jose Earthquakes), the Mountain Winery in Saratoga, San Jose State
University Event Center, Cupertino City Center Park, the Haunted House at the Santa Cruz Beach Boardwalk and the
Guadalupe River Park to name a few.
If a career at Bothman Construction sounds interesting to you, please read on!
The Cement Mason performs a variety of physical concrete structures and flat work finisher tasks for heavy civil
construction projects. This position requires a willingness to work in a field (job-site) environment with exposure to rain,
dust, mud, heat, sun, cold, noise, and other conditions common to a construction site. Show a willingness to work as a
member of a team in providing quality products and customer service, and work safety at all times.
- Set forms; pour, smooth and finish concrete sidewalks, roads, curbs, etc. using hand/ powered floats,
- Bolt, nail, align and block under forms.
- Level earth to fine grade specifications using pick and shovel.
- Spray materials such as paint to coat or seal surfaces.
- Keep construction site clean and free of debris.
- Conduct traffic control as needed.
- Occasionally drive a truck to pick up tools and equipment or on job site.
- Work safely at all times and follow proper safety and incident reporting procedures.
- High School Diploma or GED
- Lift up to 50 lbs. without assistance.
- Stand and walk on job sites, roadways.
- Crouch and stoop while shoveling, placing and finishing concrete.
- Perform a variety of tasks involving dexterous use of hands and tools.
- Able to lay out string line and set form lumber to grade.
- Able to carry and set form lumber and drive wood or iron stakes.
- Good communication skills to work effectively with co-workers and supervisors.
- Drive a truck on job site or to pick up tools/equipment for the job.
- Communicate effectively in English.
- Experience finishing concrete on heavy civil construction projects.
All applicants must have a valid CA driver’s license (or ability to obtain one prior to employment) and a clean driving
record. Ability to work at job sites located at various geographic locations. This position is covered under the
Construction Master Agreement and is subject to Job Placement Regulations.
Must be authorized to work in the U.S.
About Bothman Construction
Robert A. Bothman provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment
without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. In addition to federal law
requirements, Robert A. Bothman complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in
employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of
employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence,
compensation and training. We strongly encourage women, minorities, individuals with disabilities and veterans to apply
to all of our job openings.
Robert A. Bothman Construction is a full-service, family-owned construction and general engineering company with
offices in California and Hawaii. Founded in 1978, we are a recognized industry leader offering a full complement of
pre- construction and construction services for public, commercial, industrial and privately owned projects. Our
expertise covers a wide range of construction and general engineering specialties including: Sports & Recreational
Facilities, Educational Facilities, Site Development & Heavy Engineering, Structural & Architectural Concrete, Solar &
Renewable Energy, Stormwater Management and RABcrete TM Pervious Concrete. We believe in providing exceptional
value and service to all of our clients and believe that dedication and hard work is the key to unlocking our continued
growth and success.
Our headquarters are located in Santa Clara, California.