Top Shelf Construction is passionate about designing and building unique spaces that don’t just look good but maximize function for the end user. Our company was founded in 2002 with the stated intent of providing the highest level of customer service throughout the entire construction process. Our team is dedicated to approaching each project individually and ensuring the best experience for our customers with transparency and integrity at the core.
Are you able to construct, erect, install and repair structures and fixtures of plywood, metal studs, wood, and drywall using hand and power tools? Do you know the local building codes and are able to conform to them? In this role, you will work directly under the supervision of a qualified Lead Carpenter.
- Helping install foundations, walls, floors, ceilings, and roofs using materials such as: wood, steel, metal, concrete, plastics, and composites of multiple materials
- Assisting with fitting and installing window frames, doors, door frames, door hardware, interior and exterior trim using a carpenters level, plumb bob, and laser levels
- Erecting scaffolding, ladders for assembling structures above ground levels.
- Positioning and holding timbers, lumber, or paneling in place for fastening or cutting
- Selecting tools, equipment, and/or materials from storage and transport items to work site
- Cleaning work areas, machines, or equipment, to maintain a clean and safe job site
- Holding plumb bobs, sighting rods, or other equipment to aid in establishing reference points and lines
- Cutting timbers, lumber and/or paneling to specified dimensions, and drilling holes in timbers or lumber
- Smoothing or sanding surfaces to remove ridges, tool marks, glue, or caulking
- Eagerness and willingness to learn
- Strong working knowledge of job site safety as well as ability to complete a company specific safety orientation
- High standard of integrity and professionalism
- Team player yet able to work independently, with demonstrated ability to be flexible, responsive and to take initiative.
- Demonstrate strong interpersonal skills able to work effectively with all levels of staff.
- Convey a strong positive personal and professional image with excellent standards of professional behavior and ethics.
- Strong organizational skills, ability to set priorities, display attention to details and is tenacious with follow-ups.