Mid-size company in the Tacoma area seeks an experienced executive level Janitorial Operations Manager, primarily for healthcare facilities. This hands-on leadership position is responsible for profitable growth and customer retention, through improved operational efficiencies and the creation of a dynamic and effective organization. You will be required to supervise area and project managers to deliver high quality cleaning services to customers nationwide.
- Supervise Area Managers; provide ongoing guidance and direction to janitors and housekeepers;
- In-depth knowledge of healthcare facility cleaning and sanitizing standards;
- Hire, train, and develop janitorial and custodial staff on proper use of equipment, safety practices, and regulations;
- Distribute and delegate workload;
- Ensure adherence to key control protocols;
- Manage and develop direct reporting staff
- Survey sites, provide structured contract bid estimates;
- Enhance productivity and increase efficiencies;
- Continually assess financial performance of accounts, identify concerns, provide solutions;
- Ensure contract supplies and equipment requirements are met;
- Oversee special cleaning projects, ordering of uniforms, equipment, and supplies;
- Determine materials, supplies, and equipment needed for all projects
- Able to maintain effective communications with other project principals including designers, contractors, local agencies and utility companies.
- Gathers or supervises compilation of information from a number of sources and refer pertinent information to the administrator through gathering data, compiling information and preparing reports.
Reviews department programs and recommends changes and modifications and expansion with appropriate documentation and analysis reports
- Excellent customer service and de-escalation techniques;
- Schedule and conduct quarterly visits at to all site locations; walk through facility, identify and discuss problems, issues and solutions; develop action plan to address; provide feedback to director and on-site managers;
- Leverage relationships and build new business opportunities;
- Reviews income/expense, statistical, and budget status reports and advises department heads of financial status of programs and of problem are;
- Monitor and approve bi-weekly payroll;
- Ensure company standards are met in accordance specified operations;
- Collect and compile weekly, bi-weekly, and monthly reports
Required Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Operations Management Experience 3+ years
- Knowledge of management principles and practices, budgeting, cost estimating, and fiscal management principles and procedures
- Must be familiar with the Federal Acquisition Regulation (FAR).
- Experience in services industry; preferably cleaning and maintenance 5+ years
- Ability to develop and maintain budgets, labor costs, and monitoring financial information
- Demonstrate experience with janitorial machinery & procedures
- Strip, wax, and buff floors in non-skid manner
- Final construction clean
- Management of chemical and supply inventories.
- Functional level of use and understanding of Microsoft Office (Excel and Word).
- Experience working with and negotiating contracts.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills, strong interpersonal and organization
- English (required)
- Spanish (preferred)
- Project Management or Certified Executive Housekeeper (preferred)
Physical demands: Able to lift, carry, push, pull up to 50 lbs, kneel, crawl, and squat periodically, able to stand and walk for extended periods, able to reach above head and shoulders continuously, able to climb stairs and ladders.Must be able to cover missed janitorial shifts in the local area.
Additional Eligibility Qualifications:
Travel may be required
Valid Drivers License Required
Must pass Motor Vehicle Check
Must pass Background Check
The best candidate for this position should have more than five years of leadership/supervisory experience in janitorial and total facility maintenance management with great interpersonal skills, as well as ambitious, resourceful, and a self-sufficient performer.
Job Type: Full-time
Job Type: Full-time
- operations: 5 years (Preferred)
- relevant: 5 years (Preferred)
- How many years experience do you have in final construction clean?
How many years of Customer Service experience do you have?
How many years of Janitorial Industry experience do you have?
How many years of Supervisor experience do you have?