The Information Technology manager is responsible for the overall planning, organizing, and execution of all IT functions for the City. The IT Manager provides PC and Network support for the organization following standard procedures and written instructions to accomplish assigned tasks. He or she helps users by answering questions and solving problems in a prompt and supportive fashion.
The ideal candidate has a degree in Computer Science or Information Technology and at least two years of experience in an IT support/help desk role. Network certification preferred. He or she must have a pleasant and courteous personality, excellent communication and interpersonal skills, and strong problem-solving skills.
- Provides PC and Network support to all users within the organization
- Supports PC hardware and printer interface requirements
- Maintains Microsoft Windows operating systems environments
- Installation and Configuration standards for all desktop and laptop computers, tablets, cellular and wireless equipment within the City of Lynn Haven.
- Installation of all networked computer software, configuration and initial support for city purchased applications
- Provide system management, diagnostics and repair for all desktops, laptops, and wireless devices. The IT Manager should be making budgetary decisions based on the amount of repair and time spent vs replacement for damaged or broken equipment.
- Provide help desk support to end users, department heads and vendors for integration and operation of city systems.
- Review operational efficiencies and advise city manager as to solutions, technologies and processes that will allow the city to leverage technology to be more effective and efficient in day to day operations.
- Management of city wide support ticket system tracking by user / department / tasks time and resources spent to solve issues.
- Provide reporting summary to city manager and / or department head meetings as to the state of the IT system inclusive of potential exposures to problems, as well as long and short term planning.
- Review of third party department specific software and ability to determine compatibility and requirements for integration with existing City-wide LAN/WAN/VoIP technologies.
- Performs other duties as assigned
- 4 year degree in Computer Science or Information Technology, or a 2 year degree with 2 years experience.
- 4 year degree in Computer Science or Information Technology, or a 2 year degree with 4 years experience.
- Two years of relevant experience required
- Network certification preferred
- Help Desk experience preferred
- Excellent communication, customer service, and problem solving skills, including the ability to maintain composure under stress
- Able to manage workload and prioritize multiple projects
- Helpful attitude and friendly demeanor
- Highly professional and dependable
- Municipal Software experience highly desireable
- Posess and maintain CompTIA certifications in A+Hardware, Network+, and Security+ or equivalent experience in providing the same level of support services with equal or greater size networks as the City of Lynn Haven
- The IT Manager candidate should have experience with managed LAN / WAN networks, VLANs, Fortinet Firewalls, and Mitel IP Telephony management.
- Medical Insurance
- Dental Insurance
- Vision Insurance
- Life Insurance
- Long-term Disability Insurance
- Short-term Disability Insurance
- Supplemental Insurance
- Flexible Spending Accounts
- Paid Time Off (PTO)
- Paid Holidays
- Paid Jury Duty
- Tuition Reimbursement
- Bereavement Leave
- Military Leave of Absence
- Competitive Pay
- Direct Deposit
- Employee Discounts
- Per Diem Meal Reimbursement on Travel