From Day 1, you’ll help fulfill our purpose of improving lives for 5 billion consumers in 180 countries through leading, billion-dollar brands. We believe great ideas emerge from the creative connections that happen between our talented employees and we encourage our multi-functional teams to work together to come up with new ideas to address challenges we face.
Are you energized by using IT and coding skills against tough, dynamic set of business challenges? Do you wish to apply IT mastery to deliver game-changing, technology-driven business models and capabilities? Do you have passion for applying your Data Engineering skills to drive game-changing improvements in product quality and manufacturing assess management? If so, then a role on our Smart Platforms team is for you!
We are seeking an IT Data Engineer on our Smart Platforms team who is a dynamic, visionary, and strategic leader. The Smart Platforms team is driving the unique convergence and orchestration of emerging Industry 4.0, digital and intelligence technologies to deliver irresistibly superior Products & Packages and operates within our various manufacturing facilities. In this role, the IT Data Engineer will travel to our manufacturing facilities and will help lead our IT strategy on how data flows through the machinery. This blended team of IT technologists, electrical engineers, and data scientists is focused on delivering transformed business by leveraging machinery in the areas of product quality, operational excellence, and equipment optimization.
In this role you will:
- Develop, construct, and maintain architectures to bring real-time data from manufacturing equipment for execution of real time analytic models using multiple technical platforms
- Evaluate tools and develop pipelines to gather, integrate, lead, and clean data to support edge analytics solutions
- Support Data Scientist developing sophisticated models that leverage AI and statistical methods to improve quality and stability of our manufacturing processes
- Partner with key manufacturing experts to understand the data ingestion, preparation, exploration, and analysis needs of our Smart Platform initiatives
As a member of the Smart Platforms team, you will have the opportunity to:
- Work on large-scale projects, partnering with best-in-class global IT partners and leading innovative technologies from day one
- Drive advanced analytical use cases through the creation of consumption-ready data for Data Science teams and Analysts
- Deliver and operationalize data pipes and automate data flows
- Deliver right solution architecture, automation and technology choices starting from experimentation and proof of concept phases of new analytical models that generate insights and answers to business questions
The Ideal Candidate
- Strong interpersonal skills, including the ability and motivation to influence multi-functional partners
- Validated history from work experience of strong leadership through envisioning, direction setting, and enrolling others
- Be an independent worker and self-starter with the ability to work in a very dynamic environment
- A Bachelors or Master’s Degree in Computer Science, Informatics, Engineering or related field
- Strong problem-solving skills paired with experience inprogramming, such as Python, Java, C++, Swift, etc (Experience in a specific language is not required, though will be expected to learn new languages quickly)
- Prior experience in data wrangling
- Hands on experience with relational databases and the use of some flavor of SQL to extract and manipulate data
- Experience with event/data driving programming is preferred, but not required
The Value of a P&G Career
- Ongoing coaching and career development – you will work with passionate people and have access to best in class training through our P&G Leadership Academy as well as day-to-day mentoring from your manager.
- We provide a market-competitive salary benchmarked against the finest companies, so you’ll be able to spend your generous vacation time doing more of the things you love with the people you love.
- We offer a suite of benefits, including but not limited to: flexible working arrangements, remote working options, generous paid vacation increasing with service, generous parental leave policies, group life insurance, health insurance, and dedicated support to help you find the right child care or elder care.
- Additional perks include discounted P&G products from our company shops and a discount platform offering you unbeatable savings on everything from groceries to exotic holidays.
- What’s more, your financial package might include things like interest-free loans, a tax-advantageous share purchase plan, a contributory pension plan, and financial education and advisement on topics including purchasing real estate and generating wealth.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, age, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, marital status, citizenship, HIV/AIDS status or any other legally protected factor.
No immigration sponsorship is available for this position. Procter & Gamble does not sponsor candidates for permanent residency except in some areas that in Procter & Gamble’s sole discretion require highly specialized backgrounds.
Procter & Gamble participates in e-verify as required by law.
Qualified individuals will not be disadvantaged based on being unemployed.