If you are looking for a fun warehouse job, look no further! Fun.com, an e-commerce industry leader in the fields of fun, Halloween costumes, toys, shirts and accessories is looking to beef up its warehouse staff in our Inventory department! Material handling equipment such as pallet jacks, turret trucks, order pickers and other large pieces of machinery are in your future!
It’s not all lifting and machinery in this position though. We expect our Inventory employees to do more than flex their muscles. They must also flex their minds. Our Inventory process is highly data driven and we expect all of our Inventory Warehousing Leads to spend a fair amount of time in Excel looking at our custom reports and analyzing data to make correct decisions regarding inventory control processes.
Do you like to be active yet still intellectually challenged at work? Do you enjoy the thrill of riding large pieces of machinery and loading boxes onto pallets when you’re 25 feet in the air? If so, we’ve got the spot for you!
Please include a cover letter and resume with information about your prior professional experience leading a small group of people and a bit about your experience working with Microsoft Excel.
Essential duties and responsibilities:
- Ensure that inventory is prepared and ready for the Shipping department to fill customer orders
- Use a handheld scanner to perform inventory related processes
- Supervise and lead a small group of Temporary Inventory Specialists during the busy season
- Train and assist seasonal employees in their day to day duties
- Contribute ideas on ways to improve or optimize warehousing procedures
- Maintain a clean and organized warehouse
- Practice safe work habits
- Use a computer to solve inventory related problems / familiarity with Excel
- Assist the Shipping and Receiving departments when needed
- Have a full understanding of how inventory is handled at Fun.com from arrival to departure
- Help with other projects assigned by Manager, Assistant Manager, Tech Lead, and Sr. Team Lead