We are seeking an International Trade Analyst, to join Georgia-Pacific’s International Trade Capability (ITC) within the Sourcing organization. The Role will reside at the Georgia-Pacific headquarters in Atlanta, Georgia.
A Day In The Life Typically Includes:
- Daily business consultation and customer service to employees which include providing support to all aspects of trade compliance covered by import and export regulations
- Proactively identify compliance gaps, escalate issues, and contribute in the process of establishing key controls
- Participate and/or lead cross-functional projects to accomplish core responsibilities and project goals
- Free trade agreement qualification of products and the drafting of certificates of origin
- Proper classification of products for import and export activities
- Develop and maintain a strong relationship with internal customers, customs brokers, and freight forwarders
- Collaboration with internal and external stakeholders
- Utilize new technology and tools to identify process improvement opportunities
- Continuous learning and application of MBM®
- Identify opportunities to create value and cost saving measures
What You Will Need:
Demonstrated interest in learning about international trade
Proficient with Microsoft Office products to include: Word, Excel, Power Point, and Outlook
Experience balancing priorities and multiple projects
Strong organizational and collaboration skills
Strong analytical ability with specific experience analyzing data in Excel, e.g., pivot tables and intermediate to advanced formulas
Experience in customer service and demonstrated problem-solving skills
Bachelor’s Degree (or equivalent work experience)
What Will Put You Ahead?
- 1+ years of experience in international trade-related activities or roles.
- Bachelor’s Degree or higher in International Business/Trade, Logistics or Supply Chain
- Knowledge of US Census & Customs export and import compliance regulations
- Experience with classification and free trade agreement qualification
- Understanding of incoterms and their application
- Work experience at a customs broker or a freight forwarder
- Specific experience manipulating data in various data analytics tools (e.g., Excel, Qlik, Tableau); ability to derive and communicate insights from data
- Thought leader with demonstrated ability to innovate and lead transformative initiatives
- Experience working with Global Trade Management software (e.g. Integration Point)
Want to learn more about Georgia-Pacific?
Equal Opportunity Employer.
Except where prohibited by state law, all offers of employment are conditioned upon successfully passing a drug test.
This employer uses E-Verify. Please visit the following website for additional information: www.kochcareers.com/doc/Everify.pdf