The Internal Audit Manager is responsible for performing and managing internal audit projects/audits in order to assist in executing the approved annual Internal Audit Plan. This responsibility includes assisting the VP in identifying all unique and auditable operational and IT components of the Company, identifying business risks for these components, performing internal audit procedures, testing the effectiveness of risk mitigation activities, and preparing internal audit reports reflecting the results of the work performed. The Internal Audit Manager will also coordinate/supervise the ongoing SOX 404 compliance effort. There will be significant exposure to senior management throughout the organization, as well as interactions with the external auditors.
JOB DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Executes successfully their assigned portion of the approved annual Internal Audit Plan.
- Successfully manage the Company’s annual SOX 404 compliance efforts.
- Manages Senior Internal Auditors, Internal Auditors, and Internal Audit Intern.
- Prepares audit programs, performs audits, and prepares and facilitates remediation of audit findings. The assigned audits may include financial, operational, compliance, IT, and other types of audits necessary to support the approved annual Internal Audit Plan.
- Prepares audit reports for presentation to management and the audit committee.
- Performs follow-up and verification on any outstanding internal audit findings.
- Provides management via reports with the identification of best practices and opportunities for enhancing efficiency and effectiveness of operational, financial, and compliance processes.
- Assists the VP with championing internal control and corporate governance concepts throughout the Company.
- Assists with external audit inquiries on an as needed basis.
- Assists the VP or performs, on an as needed basis, special projects, management requests, and internal investigations.
- Performs other duties as required.
- Travel required (estimate 20%)
- Contributes to the success of the organization by helping others accomplish job results; learning new skills needed by the team; finding new ways to help the team.
WORK EXPERIENCE AND EDUCATION REQUIREMENTS:
- Bachelor’s degree (e.g., Accounting, Finance, Information Technology or Business -Related Field). Minimum of five to eight years experience in internal auditing and/or external auditing and SOX 404 compliance experience.
- Relevant certification is strongly preferred:Certified Internal Auditor (CIA), Certified Public Accountant (CPA), or other relevant certification
- Must possess strong work paper documentation and MS Office (Word and Excel) skills. Must possess excellent analytical and problem- solving skills to review and analyze business processes to identify control deficiencies as well as business operating problems and opportunities for improvement.