ContiTech, a division of Continental, is one of the world’s leading suppliers of technical elastomer products and is a specialist in plastics technology. ContiTech develops and produces functional parts, components, and systems for machine and plant engineering, mining, the automotive industry, and other important industries. Our Fairlawn, OH location is seeking an Intern, Material Science to join our team. The ideal candidate would assist Industrial Hose R&D group in rubber and plastic materials development, improvement and consolidation
Are you ready to shape the future with us?
- As an Intern, you will create material databank of historical testing and polymer formulations.
- Apply basic material know-how, establish material-property relationship.
- Recommend material groups based on analysis.
- Verify recommendations through subsequent testing.
- Document and report conclusions.
- The Intern will receive a comprehensive introduction to the company, the products, the market and the manufacturing processes we use. He/She will receive training in basic rubber compounding technology and test procedures. A supervised project will be outlined & followed to utilize the knowledge. There will also be opportunities to become familiar with other technical activities at our site, including computational mechanics & routine rubber/plastics lab procedures.
- The Intern will become familiar with the company’s people at all levels, with our products, testing procedures & manufacturing processes. At the end of program, he/she will have a detailed understanding of the goals/objectives of our type of business from a technical standpoint.
- He/She will acquire a basic knowledge of our raw materials, products & processes. Will also have experience in setting up, executing & analyzing data from lab scale experiments. He/She will also have the opportunity to present her findings to management and peers.
- Currently enrolled in a university with studies in Material Science, Chemistry, Chemical Engineering, Polymer science/ Engineering or related field.
- Must be proficient with MS Office applications.
- Good interpersonal skills.
- Legal authorization to work in the U.S. is required. We will not sponsor individuals for employment visas, now or in the future, for this job opening.
- Continental is not able to pay relocation expenses for this opportunity.
EEO / AA / Disabled / Protected Veteran Employer. Continental offers equal employment opportunities to all qualified individuals, without regard to unlawful consideration to race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, religion, national origin, disability, veteran status, or any other status protected by applicable law. In addition, as a federal contractor, Continental complies with government regulations, including affirmative action responsibilities, where they apply. To be considered, you must apply for a specific position for which Continental has a current posted job opening. Qualifying applications will be considered only for the specific opening(s) to which you apply. If you would like to be considered for additional or future job openings, we encourage you to reapply for other opportunities as they become available. Further, Continental provides reasonable accommodations to qualified individuals with a disability. If you need assistance in the application process, please reply to [email protected] or contact US Recruiting at 248.209.4000.
Research and Development