Trilogy Behavioral Healthcare Inc. strongly believes that treatment services are more effective when provided in the client’s natural setting, hence, the majority of services provided are located in the community. Trilogy Behavioral Healthcare Inc. also employs a holistic approach to each client’s treatment and integrates all facets of our clients’ lives including mental/emotional health, physical health/wellness, employment and education, social and family relationships, substance use/abuse issues, and housing needs.
Typical services provided include case management, counseling/therapy, individual skills training, medication training, crisis intervention, linkage to community resources, advocacy, assessment, and treatment planning.
The Intake Specialist is responsible for screening applicants for services and making appropriate determinations regarding what internal/external resources the client should be linked with from the point of intake to promote optimal functionality. They will meet with Williams and Colbert Class Members residing in nursing facilities and complete assessments and intake paperwork to support linkage to available services. The Intake Specialist will provide client-centered, strengths-based, and trauma-informed services to clients with severe mental illness and co-occurring substance abuse/addiction disorders utilizing a harm reduction approach.
- Provide coverage for Intake Open Access across the organization and in the community as needed
- Screen all referrals for appropriateness of specialized programming, and make determinations on eligibility for services
- Participate in hospital clinical consults with partner hospitals and other community assessors in person on inpatient psychiatric units and via telephone
- Educate applicants about mental illness; and communicate expectations regarding the intake process, eligibility for services, and organization services provided
- Complete client’s intake paperwork; i.e. application for services, consent for treatment, etc.
- Conduct intakes and mental health assessments to determine services, appropriateness of service, and level of care needed. Document all client encounters in tracking systems.
- Ensure completion of authorization for services. Communicate with managed care organizations to retrieve authorizations for client services.
- Conduct nursing home/hospital/community intakes as scheduled and communicate updates to departments. Make necessary adjustments to ensure scheduling and completion of all intakes as directed.
- Coordinate discharge planning with partner hospitals and treatment teams
- Work with Supervisor to comply with expectations of various funding sources
- Market organization services and work closely with community partners
- Advocate on client’s behalf and empower clients to advocate on behalf of themselves when appropriate
- Provide on-call coverage and immediate crisis intervention as needed
- Communicate effectively with the team for purposes of consultation and information sharing
- Complete all documentation in a timely and thorough manner
- Perform other job-related duties and/or projects as assigned.
- Masters’ Degree in Social Work, Psychology, or Counseling required
- Licensed Clinical Social Worker (LCSW) or Licensed Clinical Professional Counselor (LCPC) preferred
- Minimum two years of experience working with people with mental health and/or substance abuse diagnoses
- IM+CANS certification required or must obtain IM+CANS certification within 30 days of hire date.
- Valid Illinois driver’s license with daily access to a well-maintained vehicle with $1,000,000/$3,000,000 liability insurance
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: $44,000.00 – $45,500.00 per year
- Dental insurance
- Disability insurance
- Health insurance
- Life insurance
- Paid time off
- Vision insurance
- 8 hour shift
- Monday to Friday
- Waiting period may apply
- Only full-time employees eligible