Providence is calling an Intake Specialist 1 (0.75 FTE, Evenings) to Providence Health Plan in Beaverton, OR.
The schedule for this position will include a combination of 8 and 12 hour evening shifts during the week and weekend.
In this position, you will:
- Be member of the Triage Service Center team.
- Be the pivotal first line of communication to Triage Service Center patients/clients in a multi-contract, automated work environment which operates 24/7.
- Answer all incoming calls, provide general assistance along with entering demographic and symptom data into the software program based on defined acuity parameters.
- Immediately alert the Registered Nurse (RN) or Behavioral Health (BH) clinician of emergency and/or urgent calls, or otherwise place calls into queue.
- Perform all duties in a caring and respectful manner that promotes team concept, and consistently uphold standards of confidentiality, punctuality and attendance.
Required qualifications for this position include:
- High school diploma or equivalent
- Medical terminology course or completion within 6 months
- 2 years of customer service experience
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite and electronic communication systems
- Typing speed of 45 words per minute (wpm)
Preferred qualifications for this position include:
- 2 years of post high school education
- Certification/licensure in a healthcare related field
- Customer service experience in a healthcare environment, either general medical and/or behavioral health setting
- Call center experience
About Providence in Oregon
As the largest healthcare system and largest private employer in Oregon, Providence offers exceptional work environments and unparalleled career opportunities.
The Providence Experience begins each time our patients or their families have an encounter with a Providence team member and continues throughout their visit or stay. Whether you provide direct or indirect patient care, we want our patients to feel that they are in a welcoming place where they can be comfortable and free from anxiety. Our employees create the Providence Experience through simple, caring behaviors such as acknowledging and welcoming each visitor, introducing ourselves and Providence, addressing people by name, providing the duration of estimated wait times and updating frequently if timelines change, explaining situations in a way that puts patients at ease, carefully listening to their concerns, and always thanking people for trusting Providence for their healthcare needs. At Providence, our quality vision is simple,
“Providence will provide the best care and service to every person, every time.”
Providence is consistently ranked among the top 100 companies to work for in Oregon. It is also home to two of our award-winning Magnet medical centers. Providence hospitals and clinics are located in numerous areas, ranging from the Columbia Gorge to the wine country to sunny southern Oregon to charming coastal communities to the urban setting of Portland. If you want a vibrant lifestyle while working with a team highly committed to the art of healing, choose from our many options in Oregon.
We offer a full comprehensive range of benefits – see our website for details
As expressions of God’s healing love, witnessed through the ministry of Jesus, we are steadfast in serving all, especially those who are poor and vulnerable.
Providence Health & Services is a not-for-profit Catholic network of hospitals, care centers, health plans, physicians, clinics, home health care and services guided by a Mission of caring the Sisters of Providence began over 160 years ago. Providence is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. Providence does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, gender, disability, veteran, military status, religion, age, creed, national origin, sexual identity or expression, sexual orientation, marital status, genetic information, or any other basis prohibited by local, state, or federal law.
Job Category: Advice Nursing
Req ID: 215160