HOURS: Full-time 1pm-9:30pm. Every other weekend and holiday rotation.
Under general supervision and according to established policies and procedures, responsible for assisting patients in the financial entry into treatment. Registering, reviewing and correcting patient registration information in the computer system. Verifying insurance coverage and eligibility on all hospital inpatient and outpatient accounts. Gathering necessary proof of insurance coverage, working closely with other departments regarding the certification process and exchanges and/or relays patient insurance information. Meeting with all uninsured patients to discuss options and obtaining payment when necessary. Ensuring the acceptance of transferring patients in a timely manner. Assisting the ARC Clinical staff with precertification, preparation and completion of the admission paperwork.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES REQUIRED:
Required Education, Skills and/or Experience:
- Minimum of two years of experience in crisis/emergency services, behavioral health setting
- Knowledge of DSM IV-R diagnostic criteria and patient rights and law pertaining to mental health
Preferred Education, Skills and/or Experience:
- Bachelor’s Degree in a mental health field
- Substantial knowledge base of insurance plans such as Commercial, Managed Care and capitated plans, Medicare, Medicaid and Workers Compensation
Required license and/or certification:
- A valid driver’s license is required if the incumbent is selected to perform related duties at an offsite location. If the incumbent uses their personal vehicle, the incumbent must maintain automobile liability coverage as required by law and evidence of such coverage may be requested.
- Current CPR Certification issued by the American Heart Association within 90 days of start into job
- CPI (Crisis Prevention Intervention) certification within 90 days of hire